Busking JOSH TURNER

buddy

Sun May 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Long Black train by Josh Turner. This song really works out the lower register. Any comments to help move it along are always appreciated. This song has a fun western swing beat to it on the base side and then a melody underneath that mimics the train sound. Made me work a little with the pick.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Not sure if you found the song or the song found you. But in my opinion this type of song is perfect for your singing style. I thought this was one of your best posts by far!!! Great job!

Cori

tovo

Sun May 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Hey Bud. Never heard this one but a nice tune. It sounds great to me I can't offer anything on this. Out of interest are you working on anything that is really challenging for you? My observation is that you seem to play everything pretty effortlessly and the only way you would improve is to take on some 8s and 9s, lessons that are going to give you a real challenging project.

Hey again, don't take me the wrong way, you are giving the busking thread a real workout and they are there for that purpose I believe, to show your stuff and play tunes for the joy of it so that's all cool. I just think you need a take on something that's ridiculously hard in order to reach your full potential, which is significant.

Cheers mate.

buddy

Sun May 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Cori, Wow and thanks so much for the comment !!!

buddy

Sun May 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Tony, Appreciate your input and no problems as I know where your heart is. I sort of progress in waves as I will take on a real challenging song that I like and then play some easier ones that I like as well. I keep trying to alternate between picking and finger-style songs. Again, thanks for the input my friend.

Bud

willem

Mon May 02, 2011 12:57 am

Nice Buddy, i like that kind of sound where i suppose to hear a train running,,,how would it sound those day's with the fast trains..(lol) i like it on this early morning and it say's i must go on the job,,thanks.

buddy

Mon May 02, 2011 11:21 am

Willem, Glad this helped you start your day.

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Buddy, hadn't heard of this song or of Josh Turner but will do some research soon.

A rip-roaring revival song, you could get a crowd standing and waving their arms with this one.
Does that guitar has a pretty large diameter sound hole? Would seem a good idea for this type of booming tune.

The low notes you sing are a treat ... makes me suggest you could do a great version of "Old Man River".

Thanks for this,
Pierre

buddy

Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Pierre,

Thanks much for the input on this. I was out of country for five days so I just caught your post.

Bud

buddy

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:17 pm

I had a little fun up in the barn today doing a quick recording of Your Man by Josh Turner. Still working on the solos, you should get a little chuckle after the second solo as I was sleeping a little and had to hurry and catch up with the tune. I just had to laugh at the look on my face at 1:56 on the video.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic