Busking Bon Jovi

daryl

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 am

Very impressive. Nice job on the harmonies. If Claire hates being in front of the camera (and I hate it too) ask her if she would let you video just her hands and guitar (like I do in most of my videos). That way we all could learn more.....

jayswett

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:57 am

I have never heard this song, but I'm guessing I would be disappointed with Bon Jovi's version as I enjoyed your daughter's verson. Did you produce/edit it?

tombo1230

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 am

daryl wrote:
Very impressive. Nice job on the harmonies. If Claire hates being in front of the camera (and I hate it too) ask her if she would let you video just her hands and guitar (like I do in most of my videos). That way we all could learn more.....
Thanks Daryl,
this is part of an ongoing album we are working on just for fun, so no videos have been shot for any of the songs, but it is a great suggestion for the future. If she likes the idea then who knows. This was literaly recorded in a very short time. Here's the timeline: She downloaded the words and chords for speed, some of the chords were wrong, she worked out the correct ones, played the tune once for rehearsal, then once for recording, next layer, sang the song over the guitar, sang the harmonies over the guitar and singing. I mixed it, added a guitar + one octave via song surgeon with an effect I worked on to beef it up a bit, result, song. We recorded this a few months ago, but I decided to share it with TG last night as I was looking over some songs.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:30 am

jayswett wrote:
I have never heard this song, but I'm guessing I would be disappointed with Bon Jovi's version as I enjoyed your daughter's verson. Did you produce/edit it?
I recorded the song and all the elements and mixed it, so I suppose I produced it. No editing as such because Claire just played the guitar, I recorded it on one track, she had the music in headphones and sang onto a seperate track, then sang harmonies next onto a third track. I then duplicated the guitar track and worked out an effect which gave the tune more body and harmony, actually an octave higher, then mixed the tune and what you heard is the result. I used Cubase LE and Guitar Rig Pro4 for the recording and mixing. The mic was an SE2000 Large diaphragm cardiod type by SE Electronics.

I don't think you would be disapointed with the BonJovi version, as although it is not that well known, it is pretty cool! B) :)

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 am

Oh gosh, I sóooo agree with her, These Days has always been my favorite BJ-album!! :cheer:

tombo1230 wrote:
this is a great song from a great album. Diamond Ring, never released as a single. Trk12 from These days album. Claire tells me this album has a lot of great songs on it!
Haha, indeed, too many to choose from! I guess I would have a blast playing all those BJ songs with her, that would be so much fun, since I just love to sing and play them as well!
Well I hope you can find it in the lovesongs-thread, it's quite full over there :blink: . Page 5 or so? :dry: Oh well...

It was just great to hear Claire sing it, since that was really beautiful! You must be such a proud dad! Hopefully you can persuade her next time to video it, would be great of course. ;)

Ness

nesh16041972 wrote:
How great, of all BJ-songs, she does this one!! :cheer: This is définitely one of my favorites of BJ (it's also théir favorite, BJ's I mean, I actually uploaded the same song in the Lovesongs-thread almost a year ago).

Well she truly does it justice, that was really beautiful, very well sung, it was really great to listen to! Made me forget that there was no video, just her singing and playing, again really great!

Thanks for sharing Tom, a very nice way to start my day, please pass on my compliments to your daugther Claire!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Ness,
kind words. This is a favourite of Claires, she says, 'too many to choose from'. :) B)
Claire can sing and play many BonJovi songs, actually many songs from many artists. She usually works them out by ear.

She was pleased with the kind responses here. Many thanks

I am off to find your song in the Lovesongs thread.

Tom N. :)

tombo1230

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Oh gosh, I sóooo agree with her, These Days has always been my favorite BJ-album!! :cheer:

tombo1230 wrote:
this is a great song from a great album. Diamond Ring, never released as a single. Trk12 from These days album. Claire tells me this album has a lot of great songs on it!
Haha, indeed, too many to choose from! I guess I would have a blast playing all those BJ songs with her, that would be so much fun, since I just love to sing and play them as well!
Well I hope you can find it in the lovesongs-thread, it's quite full over there :blink: . Page 5 or so? :dry: Oh well...

It was just great to hear Claire sing it, since that was really beautiful! You must be such a proud dad! Hopefully you can persuade her next time to video it, would be great of course. ;)

Ness

nesh16041972 wrote:
How great, of all BJ-songs, she does this one!! :cheer: This is définitely one of my favorites of BJ (it's also théir favorite, BJ's I mean, I actually uploaded the same song in the Lovesongs-thread almost a year ago).

I am off to find your song in the Lovesongs thread.

Tom N. :)
Hi Ness,
I watched your Diamond Ring song and wow! great playing and singing! Loved it. You would get on well with Claire because she is a huge Bon Jovi fan. I would honestly love to see/hear you guys collaborating, but don't know how I could persuade her to go on camera. Although nothing is impossible. :) Oh and yes I am very proud of her in lots of ways.

Tom N.

Craig

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Tom,
That was great! What a beautiful voice Claire has. Way to go proud Papa! Thanks for sharing!
Craig

tombo1230

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Craig wrote:
Tom,
That was great! What a beautiful voice Claire has. Way to go proud Papa! Thanks for sharing!
Craig
Thanks Craig, I'm glad I posted it.
Cheers,

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks

tombo1230

Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hi Tom

That was great.