Busking Bon Jovi

dekotaj

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 pm

WOW!!!BRAVO!!!

Just loved it,great work!Miss Claire,that was just so beautiful.
Tom-Thank for sharing.Should make a great CD.

Kevin

PS-Miss Claire,sure would have been nice to see you do that lovely song.Bravo

suziko

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 am

Very beautiful rendition of a wonderful song. Claire has a GREAT voice!! I hope next time she'll step in front of the camera. It'd be nice to put a face to the voice.

Suzi

tombo1230

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks AL for your great feedback.
Easy to put it up an octave, then Guitar Rig was used to get that nice rolling high sound. It was just an idea that came off.

Thanks Kevin and Suzi. I am going to work on Claire, see if I can persuade her to make an appearance. Her real problem is appearing on Utube, she says too many people make harsh comments. She has been amazed and delighted with the TG feedback, so thanks to everyone for your kind comments. :)

Tom N.

suziko

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:03 pm

People on YouTube are awful, so I can totally understand why she would feel that way. I'll watch something that i think is quite good, and then look at the comments, and people are just eviscerating the performer's looks or talent.

You can always disable comments that you upload to YT, though, so that is something to consider. But Claire should also know that everyone at TG is very kind and supportive.

Suzi

reiver

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm

This snuck in under my radar......which admittedly hasn't been too active recently.

I really enjoyed everything about this, Tom. I wasn't familiar with the song until Vanessa posted her excellent version and I really liked that both versions were so different allowing the personalities of the singers to shine through. I actually just bought myself the SE2200a condenser microphone in an attempt to improve my sound recording - but I can't imagine getting close to sounding anything like as good as this. Thanks for sharing it.

Stuart

dsmarion

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Just fyi: you can also mark your YouTube uploads as private or unlisted. Private are not accessible by anyone but you and unlisted are only accessible by people you specifically choose to share the link with. Neither can be found searching YouTube .

Scott

tombo1230

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Suzi,
yep you are spot on in all you say. Everyone at TG has music, playing and singing at the heart of what they are doing here. The support here at TG is second to none, coulodn't be better.

Stuart, glad you liked the song and singing. I hope you enjoy your new mic. It has a great reputation.

Thanks Scott, I new it was possible, must investigate that further.

Cheers,

Tom N.

Yamaha48

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Oh gosh, good question! I think I would want to go for the unplugged acoustic version of 'Livin' on a prayer', or of the These Days-album: 'Lie to me', or 'Hard letting you go'. Just love those songs!! :cheer:

tombo1230 wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Oh wauw, if she's ever into a collaboration on a BJ-song, then you'll know where to find me, that would be só awesome! :cheer: ;)

Hi Ness,
oh that would be awesome! I haven't asked her, but what would you choose then? I sound like I'm her agent lol :laugh:

Tom N.
Edit: But then again, Claire is absolutely right, there are many more...I could go on and on... :S :P

tombo1230

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi Ness,
great choices! My favourite here is......actually two favourites here........ are Livin on a prayer and (It's Hard) Letting You Go. I'm pretty sure Claire won a talent show at school about ten years ago with livin' On a Prayer. She played guitar live to her whole school and she said there was absolute silence to the end of the last chord and just for a brief moment she thought......... 'they hate it,'........ but then the whole hall of pupils erupted into huge cheers! I remember she said it made the hairs stand up on the back of her neck! :) What a buzz! She wasn't expecting the reaction she got. The version she played was much faster than the one in the video I'm sure.

Tomorrow I will see if she might be interested (I think she will be (hope so :unsure: )) in doing one of those with you, if you are game for it? Obviously I need to ask her, but I did briefly mention the idea and she seemed interested or maybe flattered by it, I don't know, when I phoned her about the responses on TG.

Cheers,

Tom N.

tovo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 am

OMG, that must have been súch a HUGE kick :woohoo: , I can sooooooo imagine!!! She performed by herself?? Wauw, that must have been some moment to her, well it's thé absolute greatest moment of all to experience as a performer! What a brave young girl she was to stand up there! :cheer:

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Ness,
great choices! My favourite here is......actually two favourites here........ are Livin on a prayer and (It's Hard) Letting You Go. I'm pretty sure Claire won a talent show at school about ten years ago with livin' On a Prayer. She played guitar live to her whole school and she said there was absolute silence to the end of the last chord and just for a brief moment she thought......... 'they hate it,'........ but then the whole hall of pupils erupted into huge cheers! I remember she said it made the hairs stand up on the back of her neck! :) What a buzz! She wasn't expecting the reaction she got. The version she played was much faster than the one in the video I'm sure.

Tomorrow I will see if she might be interested (I think she will be (hope so :unsure: )) in doing one of those with you, if you are game for it? Obviously I need to ask her, but I did briefly mention the idea and she seemed interested or maybe flattered by it, I don't know, when I phoned her about the responses on TG.

Cheers,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic