Busking TG Mega Collaboration

willem

Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 pm

MarkM wrote:
Al,

Sorry it took so long to respond. Had that early flight this morning and now I'm finally in the hotel. Boy these clips put a big smile on my tired face. I don't even remember you recording these. Man I wish I was still there.

Well to add what all the others have said, I had a great time. It totally exceeded my expectations. When I got home yesterday I just put guitars, equipment, bags, etc in my office and passed out on the couch for a while. Long ride in the rain. Got up this morning at 4:30 and here I am. I'll get to looking at the video when I get back later this week. I'm sure there is well over 8 hours of footage to go through. My goal is to get at least two video's/songs out per week. I am in the midst of transferring to the Atlanta area (all good news that I'll write about in another thread when I get time) so my time will be a bit limited until we move down there in a few months.

So to wet your whistle here are some of the song titles that we'll put up here over the next several weeks.

Peaceful Easy Feeling
Just Breathe
Helplessly Hoping
Hotel California (with all three guitar parts)
Teach Your Children
Tequila Sunrise

Plus several more surprises..............

MarkM
that looks great Mark(the songs),,take your time...mmmmmm we have to wait but it is worth i think..

michelew

Tue May 17, 2011 12:22 am

I love these collaboration peek videos. Even the warm up is sounding good.

Tammy I could listen your voice all day. So when IS that album of yours coming out?

dennisg

Tue May 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Man, that looks like a lot of fun. If you guys had done it at almost any other time of the year, I'd have been there in a heartbeat. Ah, well, next time.

Craig

Tue May 17, 2011 6:14 pm

How fun! I'm very happy for you guys (and Gal), that must have been so cool! I can't wait to hear some tunes. I also noticed that there were a lot of nice guitars in that room!
Craig

Hydroman52

Tue May 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey TG Mega Collaborators,

Looks like you had a great time of this. I'm sitting in the weeds waiting patiently for the video. Have a lot of questions like how did you decide on this location? Did you discuss a set list well in advance or just wing it when you got there? What kind of preparation and planning did you do? If you care to give any other tidbits like successes, failures, things you would do differently to improve, that would be welcome information, too. For now, I would imagine you just want to kick back and recuperate.

Thanks for posting this.

Hydroman52

Lavallee

Tue May 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi Hydroman, as the others have said, it was a fantastic weekend. Play guitar with great folks is difficult to beat. The choice of the hotel was because it was a similar driving distance for everybody (5-6 hours).Al opened a discussion area in February and ideas were thrown in. One of the topics was the choice of songs to prepare before the meeting. Each person listed 5-6 songs and we voted for 10-12 songs to practice. Personally as you will see in the videos, I would not change a thing.

Marc

AcousticAl

Wed May 18, 2011 5:39 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Hydroman, as the others have said, it was a fantastic weekend. Play guitar with great folks is difficult to beat. The choice of the hotel was because it was a similar driving distance for everybody (5-6 hours).Al opened a discussion area in February and ideas were thrown in. One of the topics was the choice of songs to prepare before the meeting. Each person listed 5-6 songs and we voted for 10-12 songs to practice. Personally as you will see in the videos, I would not change a thing.

Marc

Interesting thing was that the set list we originally decided on didn't seem to matter. We ended up playing LOTS of songs that we hadn't really practiced. And they actually sounded as good- or EVEN BETTER than the ones on the set list! 'Hotel California' and 'Brain Damage' come to mind.

There was also quite a few times when people just split off into groups of 2 or 3 and just messed around-- worked on bits of songs that were giving us trouble. Got tips from each other etc. Very cool environment.

mark

Wed May 18, 2011 7:22 am

This looks really good fun.
Can't wait to see some full length songs.

I'd love to do something like this, but members here in britain are pretty thin on the ground

dekotaj

Wed May 18, 2011 9:31 am

Just fantastic!!!

So looking forward to more songs.Jone Baez,great job Tammy singing.Some orchestra you have backing you on that song.BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!! To everyone.Really cant wait for more.Please!!!

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic