Busking TG Mega Collaboration

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 16, 2011 6:09 am

Thanks Al! And the banner...?

AcousticAl

Mon May 16, 2011 6:23 am

Yes- the banner was thanks to Tammy's brother. He is in the printing business.

I forgot- another thing we were missing was a dedicated sound and camera man. I'm a little nervous about the audio mix, as no one wore headphones the whole time. I just checked it occasionally.

And the camera was just on a wide shot at the end of the room. No zooming or closeups.

BobR

Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 am

I agree with Al, It is one thing to meet people online, but to actually meet in person and play guitar is so exciting. Everyone was so nice and friendly it was truly a pleasure.
I think Al covered all the equipment we used. I was just really surprised how much stuff we had. When I first saw the room it seemed quite large, but we didn't have any problem filling it up.
It was amazing experience all around.

Bob

Music Junkie

Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 am

@Chris:

Thanks for asking abut the gear. After seeing the pan over all of the equipment in one of the clips, I got curious about that too. All I have is a MicroBR, Kodak Zi8 and an Audio Technica Microphone with a 1/8" plug to go into either the MicroBR or the Kodak Zi8. I saw all sorts of other equipment there and was very curious about it.

@Al:

Thanks for clearing some of that up. Can't wait to see/hear the outcome!

So glad to hear that you all clicked well together. Hopefully this will be the start of more meetings like this.

J

AcousticAl

Mon May 16, 2011 9:45 am

Behind the scenes 5?

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 am

Behind the scenes 6

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

RicksPick

Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 am

Wow just caught this, what an event
More please

WOW with capital W O W

RicksPick

rdaltry

Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 am

wow like a "who's who" of the tg community! you guys are freakn rok starz!

millponddave

Mon May 16, 2011 10:54 pm

What a great get together. It really looked like a lot of fun. I would love to set something like that up for my area,(Utah) but am not sure how to go about it. Any ideas?

Dave

MarkM

Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Al,

Sorry it took so long to respond. Had that early flight this morning and now I'm finally in the hotel. Boy these clips put a big smile on my tired face. I don't even remember you recording these. Man I wish I was still there.

Well to add what all the others have said, I had a great time. It totally exceeded my expectations. When I got home yesterday I just put guitars, equipment, bags, etc in my office and passed out on the couch for a while. Long ride in the rain. Got up this morning at 4:30 and here I am. I'll get to looking at the video when I get back later this week. I'm sure there is well over 8 hours of footage to go through. My goal is to get at least two video's/songs out per week. I am in the midst of transferring to the Atlanta area (all good news that I'll write about in another thread when I get time) so my time will be a bit limited until we move down there in a few months.

So to wet your whistle here are some of the song titles that we'll put up here over the next several weeks.

Peaceful Easy Feeling
Just Breathe
Helplessly Hoping
Hotel California (with all three guitar parts)
Teach Your Children
Tequila Sunrise

Plus several more surprises..............

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic