Busking TG Mega Collaboration

AcousticAl

Sun May 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey guys,

I'll use this busking thread to post a few 'behind the scenes' vids that I shot of the TG meeting we had over the weekend. The audio from our actual song uploads will be better quality (hopefully:)

AcousticAl

**Edit-- I added a few more quick clips down the thread.

AcousticAl

Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Behind the scenes 2.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Sun May 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Behind the scenes 3..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Behind the scenes 4..

Music Junkie

Sun May 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Al:

Thanks for getting these up. I am getting excited about seeing what is next..... :)

J

tovo

Sun May 15, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm with MJ Al, all very exciting. It strikes me with amusement that seeing you all in one room is like seeing celebrities. People you feel you know but have never actually met. Meeting so many TG regulars in one hit would be quite an experience.

Oh and Tammy does such a great job of singing that Dixie tune, really nice.

suziko

Sun May 15, 2011 8:11 pm

i agree with MJ and Tony. It's so cool to see you all together and it's whetting my appetite for more. Can't wait to see an entire song from the crew!

Suzi

willem

Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks for the drips and warming us up,,

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 16, 2011 4:10 am

I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.... and I'm looking forward to the show guys!
TG celebs! Like it Tony :-).
Did anyone say "I thought you'd be taller in real life!"?
How did you make the TG Banner?
And maybe you could give us a run down on all the equipment you reckon is needed at such a meet... which stuff did you use and what was missing?

AcousticAl

Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 am

I'm sure others will add their input after they recover.. I slept like a log last night!!

It was really cool meeting so many TG-ers at once. You get a feel for what people are like in their posts- but it's really cool to see what they're REALLY like in person. Everyone clicked really well.

We also thought we were playing at about the same level- but with different strengths in different areas (fingerpicking/strumming/singing/fills etc).

Gear- Everyone brought something in the hopes that we could make something work. My original worry was that we'd get bogged down in the setup and waste a lot of playing time trying to make it work- but it went pretty smoothly. We originally tried to record audio direct to a laptop using an M-audio device, but that wasn't working properly..

So we recorded audio onto a MicroBR (separate from the video). We used a 6 channel mixer with 6 mics (2 people had to share one).
MarkM brought his video camera, so we used that for video.

Missing stuff? Could have used a bigger mixer (more inputs) I guess.

BTW- MarkM surprised me with how tall he is!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic