Collaboration of Just Breath

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 23, 2011 10:01 am

Very nice! Not at all easy to synchronise the picking and voices on this song and get the phrasing on the singing right... I thought it was really good!
Another gem from Binghamton. Nice blend of Tom & Al's voices.

BobR

Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 am

Tom / Al

I thought this was excellent when I heard it live, and hearing it again now I still say excellent job. :woohoo:

Bob

Lavallee

Mon May 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Tom and Al, I thought it was great as it was not prepared and you guys made it sound easy. The voices are creating natural harmonies. Tom no holding back on singing for your next video :)

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Just thought I might add a bit of context here:

When Al and Tom sat down to play this, on the spur of the moment, they were not off by their lonesome.
The rest of us were close by, in the area behind the camera tripod, like a real audience :)

There was a bit of a wistful feeling setting in, since as Mark said, it was the early hours past midnight on Sunday morning and the end of this adventure was approaching on the horizon.

The standing ovation we gave Al and Tom was louder and more sustained than what is audible on this recording.

Great job, guys !

Pierre

Chasplaya

Mon May 23, 2011 2:10 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:

The standing ovation we gave Al and Tom was louder and more sustained than what is heard on this recording.

Great job, guys !

Pierre
You should have heard the ovation around the TG world mate! Outstanding time you guys have had

tvarga

Mon May 23, 2011 2:19 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Thanks for uploading this Mark- and thanks for the comments everyone. I'm pleased with how this song turned out, considering we only tried it once or twice earlier in the day. Definitely running on fumes when we recorded it. Given a couple more tries, I know we'd have it nailed- but that's not the point. It was the journey- not the destination- if you get my drift.

Tom- thanks for wanting to record it. It was a highlight for me.
Al, it's you who I have to thank! I learned this right after the lesson came out but never had the guts to upload a video of it with my singing along. Having the chance to to do it as a duet with you made it just a little less frightening as my flubs would be easier to ignore. :)

I do want to add that it also took the 25 or so hours of playing with the gang over the weekend that also helped to reduce my anxiety just enough to be willing to give it a go. Of course, that was almost offset by the fact that we had a live audience to play in front of. Whoa, that was stressful, but actually finishing the piece to roaring applause made it all worthwhile.

Again, thanks to Tammy for the great idea, Marc for enabling the event and to everyone else for a heck of great, memorable weekend.

Can't wait 'till the next time!

-Tom

RicksPick

Mon May 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Congrats guys

Amazing what good friends can do
And what they bring out together

Loved it

RicksPick

millponddave

Mon May 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Nicely done!, and it looked like a lot fun too.

Dave

pbraun

Tue May 24, 2011 7:04 am

Al and Tom this was great, I thought you guys played it very well!
Pete

suziko

Tue May 24, 2011 11:08 am

Nice job, guys! Hard to believe you could make it sound that good at such a late hour (and after how many beers?? :))

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic