Collaboration of Brain Damage

skaladar

Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 am

I swear it’s hard to believe that this is the first time you guys got together. In the short space of one weekend you cranked out one winner after another. And to get the ball rolling with 7 people fingerpicking a song is hard to imagine.

Good enough??? You're not giving yourselves enough credit. I think that was far beyond good enough all things considered.

I can’t help but wonder what you folks would be capable of it were possible to get together a few more times. I imagine you’d make a serious dent in the list of popular lessons and wouldn’t at all be surprised if you added a few songs … all polished up and with a top notch production! … Just let me know when the DVD is released :-)

Thanks again for sharing the fun!

♫ Ken ♫

Music Junkie

Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

It all looked and sounded very good from here guys! Darn nice job of keeping time with that many guitars fingerpicking and strumming. The vocals sounded great too.

Tammy: How could you forget to hit the record button???? :P :P

Al: Nice deflection.... ;)

I find myself hoping that you guys recorded 50 more songs or so. This is becoming quite a treat.

J

pbraun

Wed May 25, 2011 11:03 am

OMG this is the BEST yet. Unbelievable!
Pete

BobR

Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks Mark for getting all these videos posted. I am glad that the lunatic laugh got no air play though. :P Al can still blackmail me with it though :laugh: :laugh:

great weekend
Bob

cosmicmechanic

Wed May 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Lucky for me that all these cool fingerpickers were present and alert, since I was playing pretty sloppily on this one.

I found that being surrounded by 6 other guitars playing "Brain Damaged" in a room with pretty good acoustical qualities could be described as a mind-altering experience.

It made me want to zone out and just sit there grinning B) , but it was also great that we got to sing about how all these strangers in our heads can be somewhat distracting :blink:

Bob, your appropriately lunatic laugh is also mind-altering, I think we would have had trouble getting through the song had you popped it. :P

Pierre

AcousticAl

Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 pm

BobR wrote:
Thanks Mark for getting all these videos posted. I am glad that the lunatic laugh got no air play though. :P Al can still blackmail me with it though :laugh: :laugh:

great weekend
Bob

Don't want to leave you all in the dark--

I did a MicroBR demo in my hotel room on the Sunday before we drove home. So I took our existing track of 'Brain Damage' and showed everyone how we could add some more tracks to it. Bob kindly added his version of the Lunatic Laughing in the song. Unfortunately (and hilariously!!) it sounded like Scooby Doo!!!

Hmmm. Did I erase it when I got home?...

lueders

Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 am

EXCELLENT!! I think I am in agreement here...this might be the finest in a fine group of collaborations. Really, really NICE!

dekotaj

Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 am

Bravo!!Folks

What a great song.The sound of all the guitars playing really fill up the sound of this great post.Loved the vocals guys just fantastic.Bravo Again.Looking forward to all the rest of the songs.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic