Collaboration of Brain Damage

MarkM

Tue May 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Hello all,
Well this was our first and probably our most difficult song to record. Trying to get 7 people to fingerpick the same notes at the same time is a bit tough. I counted 4 takes of this that was video recorded and finally I found the right one that matched the audio that Al put together. I think we started this around 11:30 AM and then took a break from it and finally got this take at 1:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. I think we were all pretty happy with the results as “it was good enough” and then moved on to other songs. The recording of this was a learning experience and helped us throughout the day and night. By the time we go to those late recordings we were masters at getting it underway. As for this song I’m really impressed that we got as close as we did to being on time. The singing is pretty damn good from what I can tell. It looks like Al, Tom and Pierre got the vocals down really well. Nice combination of the voices on this one. I hope you like it.

MarkM

Collaboration of The Canadian New Englanders Brain Damage:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 pm

That is a very tough song for multiple guitar players and you managed to pull it off! Bravo!!! The playing and the singing was great. All of you should be very proud.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks Mark for another video. Really appreciate all the work you did editing all the tape and doing the matching. It looks and sounds very good.

To bad we could not hear Bob inspired laugh ;)

Marc

tovo

Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Nice guys, very nice. I'm confident that it was Al's job to turn on the camera...but sweet deflection to Tammy mate! :)

tvarga

Tue May 24, 2011 11:54 pm

Doing this song was such a great kickoff for the whole weekend! But, where did the lunatic's laugh go? :)

Hey Mark, thanks for all the hard work assembling and uploading the videos! It's so appreciated!!

-Tom

willem

Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 am

Well if i want to give you guy's a pizza it must be a very special one,,,this was so great,,,,I can imagine that Mark is working hard to get this all uploaded,,he makes the whole yourney again..thanks Mark

wel I can write a whole A4 over how i found this,,,but one word say's enough,,,,WOW..

thereshopeyet

Wed May 25, 2011 5:54 am

Thanks

AcousticAl

Wed May 25, 2011 5:55 am

The hits just keep comin'!!

Tony- you're very intuitive. It was ME who messed up an earlier recording.

This song blew me away, as it wasn't even one that was on our list to practice! Really came together well IMHO.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 am

Great job getting all seven guitars together!

Next time you book the room, can we have a quieter carpet please... man that thing is causing psychedelic effects when I go to full screen view! :-)

daryl

Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

WOW! This video should somehow be showcased at TG. What an advert for what TG can do!

I think this is the best video so far from you guys....please keep them coming. Sure will be sorry when there are no more to upload. :-(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic