Collaboration of The Weight

MarkM

Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Here is the second one for tonight. It was midnight or 12:01AM Sunday morning to be exact based on the time stamp on this recording. Needless to say it was a long day. A bit of rum with a side of a bit more. As you’ll hear, my fingers were trashed at this point of the evening. I was all over the place in this song. I didn’t get the intro right and I just plain got absorbed in the song that while everyone else ended when they were supposed to I decided to play another verse and chorus looking around to what happened to the band. With all this said this was one of the most fun songs to play during our time here for me. I really enjoyed this. This was our first take as a recording. We did a bit of rehearsing beforehand though. Can you believe a French Canadian from Montreal would just shine on the vocals?!?!?!? When Pierre started to sing this we all just looked at him and our jaws dropped. What a great job he did on this song. Of course Tammy was her usual great self. I’m the clown that had to be the third voice in the chorus. Al is busy tweaking the audio in real time and did a fantastic job bringing out the best in the group.

MarkM

Collaboration of The Canadian New Englanders The Weight:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

That was just fun to watch. I have a huge smile on face now. Great job with the lead singing, Pierre.

Bill Image

willem

Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 pm

This s really a GREAT JOB..AND A LOT OF FUN..

ps Pierre,,you are way to go on the singin,,super..

tovo

Tue May 24, 2011 11:55 pm

My cosmic friend Pierre! great job on the singing mate, certainly not an easy tune. Tam was great as usual. As long as you guys keep putting these up I'll keep enjoying them. Still very green (with envy...I know I'm always green).

Chasplaya

Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 am

Magnifique Pierre! No stopping you Mark, like a battery advert here you just keep going and going and going...

Bravo team really enjoyed that.

daryl

Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 am

Fun fun fun. Great singing Pierre. Nice touch with the tambourine.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 25, 2011 6:41 am

Nice job guys especially on lead vocal Pierre.
I couldn't see a tambourine ... and I couldn't work out how you were playing that without moving your left hand Pierre ... were you just strumming rhythm on muted strings?

AcousticAl

Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 am

I like this one, too (even though I sat it out). We all took occasional breaks throughout the day/night.

Great job on another tune that I don't think was on our original list either. A testament to the solid foundation that Neil and TG is giving all of us as guitar players.

skaladar

Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 am

Another great job folks. Lots of fun to watch and I bet just as much fun for you to play!

♫ Ken ♫

Music Junkie

Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 am

MarkM wrote:
Here is the second one for tonight. It was midnight or 12:01AM Sunday morning to be exact based on the time stamp on this recording. Needless to say it was a long day. A bit of rum with a side of a bit more.
;) ;) ;) ;)

For me, a bit of rum with a side of a bit more usually makes the playing better..... :laugh:

That was great. Like everyone else, I think Pierre nailed the lead vocals too. I had to crack up at the beginning when you played the intro and asked if Al could paste that in....... :woohoo: You got it right again, but I know how you feel with some of those little pieces.... Hard to play the same twice in a row. Excellent job by all of you. I think Tony's green disease is spreading, cause the envy is thick here at my location... :)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic