Collaboration of Hotel California

MarkM

Sat May 28, 2011 12:02 am

Did somebody say The Eagles????? Hmmmmm. Well here it is. I was going to put this one out tomorrow but The Bruins are going to the Stanley Cup and I can’t sleep!! This song was recorded at 10:05 Saturday night. We knew we might have something here so we ran through it a few times and Al really dialed in the audio. He made sure all the levels were about as good as they were going to get. I think I can speak for the group and say this was the most enjoyable song we did. At least that is how it felt at the time. As you’ll see and hear, we are doing all 3 guitar parts in this. I think Bob and Marc are at capod at the 2nd fret. I’m at the 7th and Tom, Al and Pierre are open. Tammy?? Well Tammy had enough going on with the tambourine and the singing to keep her busy enough. When I put this together I was using head phones and I must say it is a different experience listening to this with them on (Thanks Al). Tom our resident bass and lick player did a remarkable job on this song. EVERYONE kept a steady beat and this was probably our best song having all playing in time. Great job group!! I had a huge smile on my face as I was putting this together.

Just a few more songs to go after this one……..

EDIT - PLEASE NOTE THAT SINCE YOUTUBE WOULDN'T ALLOW THIS VIDEO TO RUN WITH SOUND BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOM HAS INCLUDED A URL FURTHER ON IN THIS THREAD THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO WATCH AND HEAR THIS. THANKS TOM!!!!

MarkM

Collaboration of The Canadian New Englanders Hotel California:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Sat May 28, 2011 12:23 am

AMAZING! Thanks Mark and everyone.

Bill Image

michelew

Sat May 28, 2011 12:33 am

FANTASTIC.

I really enjoyed that. You had me singing along.

M.

Chasplaya

Sat May 28, 2011 1:02 am

Damn You Tube have pulled the copyright thing on ya

tovo

Sat May 28, 2011 1:51 am

I'm sure it was great but unfortunately a bunch of lawyers think that a group of friends sitting around having a strum and a damn good time is going to impact on the profits of The Eagles. Wankers.

I'm sure we can find another way to get it up? Maybe leave the song title out?

Chasplaya

Sat May 28, 2011 1:59 am

tovo wrote:
I'm sure it was great but unfortunately a bunch of lawyers think that a group of friends sitting around having a strum and a damn good time is going to impact on the profits of The Eagles. Wankers.

I'm sure we can find another way to get it up? Maybe leave the song title out?
Leaving the title out won't work, they actually check the file and compare against databases, like the music recognition app on smartphones

willem

Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 am

it looks great but that is all ,,i don''t hear anything,,what is happen????

EDIT: oH i saw the statement on you tube,,,you guy's played it better then the eagles i geuss or they run out of money..its not right 'cos there were'nt drums in it..

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 am

Well it took me a moment to work out why there is no sound. I guess you guys must have been too good!

Now can someone explain to me how all the other songs we post and all the other material that is on YouTube is Ok but not this?
I can make no sense at all of YouTube an the legal practice (miss-practice) going on.

Is someone going to fight the case here? Is there a lawyer in the house?

Good job this doesn't sound like the Eagles.... I found the original and dozens of covers on YT, what is wrong with ours?

AcousticAl

Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 am

As Tony said--
WANKERS!!

The only thing I've usually found when uploading cover songs is they'll occasionally send me a notice saying the song is copyrighted- and because of that, they're going to put those annoying popup ads on it. I guess that's how the original artists get some money out of it- which is fine.

Mark- i'll PM you with some ideas..

***Edit- on second thought, I'll share the ideas here- and maybe other people also have ways around youtube's copyright issues that they can share as well.

So Mark- As a short term solution- maybe try uploading the audio file to a site like 'Soundcloud'. Then add the link to the video entry of this thread. Also, you can email me the original file and i'll have a go at getting it uploaded if you like. How big is the file? Maybe you can use 'yousendit.com'

I also just got an email from Chris (Neverfoundthetime) mentioning Dropbox- which is another great way of sharing large files. I can give you my login for that if you want to send it that way.

Al

dekotaj

Sat May 28, 2011 8:43 am

Well kiss my A**

I was all pump up to watch this and then no sound.Reminds me of being a kid and walking into the candy store turning my pockets out and no money.Bummer!!!

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic