Busking Led Zeppelin

daryl

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Deuce01 - I don't know either song but your playing is very smooth and controlled. I loved the stereo panning effect you used in "Traveling Riverside Blues". Nice slide work. Bummer about cutting off the end of the 1st video. Loved to see/hear more from you.

dsmarion

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey Deuce. Very nice stuff there. Loved it! The times I have tried slide I found it very hard to get used to fingering with the damn thing on. You do a great job with it. Thanks for sharing!

Scott

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:05 am

Deuce:

I don't know Traveling Riverside Blues as well as a lot of other stuff from Zeppelin, but I do know and LOVE "That's the Way". I heard this song just recently and thought it was such a great rhythm guitar song. You did a great job! Open G is a tuning have not tried out yet. I need to, because I know a great Dan Fogelberg song in Open G as well. Like Daryl mentioned, very smooth and comfortable looking. Thoroughly enjoyed this, thanks! B) B) B)

MJ

Craig

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 am

Deuce,
Nice playing, great songs, nice set up, good slides. Very well done done all the way around. I enjoyed that a lot!

Craig

skaladar

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:15 am

Hi Pat,

Way to go. One can never get enough Led Zep :-)

I think you sounded great and your playing and singing did indeed look very smooth, controlled and comfortable, to borrow a few descriptions.
I really ought to have a thesaurus on hand for commenting on all the great videos uploaded here.
I loved the slides, something I’ve shied away from but should look into. Although as Scott mentions, I imagine the fingering takes some getting used to.

The only problem I have is … we don’t’ see or hear enough from you! I’ve seen some of your other videos and was just as impressed. I’d love to see more. You make it look easy.
Now if we could just get the banner steered back to you on its next trip around the world that would be sweet. It would be fun to see a another fellow New Yorker represented.

Thanks for sharing

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:41 am

COOL. B) B)

deuce01

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Ten Years Gone..not very accurate...but fun.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

deuce01

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

No Quarter. This is a cover of someone else cover of the song. Just having fun with some effects and stuff

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Deuce,

What a great way to end a tough week. Thanks for posting all these Zep songs. Very well done!!!! I really liked Travelling Riverside Blues and Ten Years Gone. I've got to go watch them again. Where did you get the TAB for Riverside Blues??? I've got to start learning this song.

Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

deuce01

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:22 pm

I didnt use tab for Traveling riverside blues..by ear and watched some others on youtube. I really like the open G tuning...actually it is fun to play around with other alternate tunings as well. The slide didnt take much time...just had to learn to stop above the fret of the note i wanted to play.
Thanks for the comments

Pat

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic