Collaboration of Handle with Care

MarkM

Tue May 31, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello All. Here is another installment of what has now become The Weekend. This was recorded at 10:40 PM Saturday night. This was one of the songs that we wanted to give a try when we planned this. Most of us knew this already or practiced beforehand. I on the other hand had to learn on the fly as I didn’t do my homework like I was told. Must be that ADD that Tammy was referring to.  All in all I think this was one of our better efforts. Al just sings amazing on this song!!! The rest of us are broken up in our different parts. This was about as much fun as one could ask for when playing this one together. I hope you enjoy this. Only a few more to go. Thanks for sticking with us on these.

MarkM

Collaboration of The Canadian New Englanders Handle with Care:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Tue May 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Great all around. Fun song for the 7 of you. Nice vocals Al. Nice bass riff picking Tom.

sbutler

Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Just for the record, in case anyone ask's, ya'll are guitar players. I heard em.

Scott

snipe

Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Really awesome job on that.. Must be a chore to get everybody coordinated to do their part. Great vocals Al.

Mike

tovo

Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm

Great work guys. Enjoyed that one as much as the others.

BobR

Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Mark, thanks for posting this. I guess U-tube liked this one :laugh: I am still talking about this weekend in NY. It was so much fun :) ;) :P :silly: :P :woohoo:

Bob

Hydroman52

Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Sitting out in the weeds here enjoying all these videos of yours. Keep putting them up and I'll keep watching them. Good work, everyone!

Hydroman52

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Al, your voice is the cat's pyjamas on this tune ... it's worth mentioning again that your evil twin was taking care of the audio recording while you were singing.

In his introduction, MarkM mentioned he learned this chord progression on the spot, 'cause he played hooky when he should have been studying it ...
I'm glad Marc (Lavallee) suggested he and I get together to at least gloss over the proposed songs on the weekend before the event, otherwise I would have
stumbled even more than I did here.

Not so long ago, playing this combination of rapid bass notes and chord changes would have overwhelmed me.
I think it says a lot in favor of Totally Guitars that our motley crue could just sit down and be able to deliver it in so few tries ... and then say "good enough".

Bob, like you, I'm still talking about this experience ... problem is, sometimes even when there's nobody around :blink:

Pierre

AcousticAl

Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

This was definitely a fun song to do. If we did it a second time- I'd slow it down a bit though.

It is nice to hear Bob & Marc's vocals in this recording, though. Don't know if we've heard them yet.

wammer

Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Great job boys.................

Bob, like you, I'm still talking about this experience ... problem is, sometimes even when there's nobody around

LOL Pierre......... :lol: :lol: :silly:

Al you were born to cover this song...............

Miss you guys
Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic