Busking Jamming With Daryl

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 am

Take #2: This is the last time I promise!

Please don't feel like you need to comment on this folks...There isn't much difference other than it flows better with the extra hammer-ons and slides that were suggested.

And now Daryl can see my hands. LOL!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 am

Thanks for letting me see your hands. This version is definitely smoother and the added hammer-ons and slides work nicely. But PLEASE don't make this your last attempt.....

I have a challenge for you (and others): try an improv on a single string. I will upload my attempt too (in my "Improv 101 (I vi IV V)" thread). I think improvising on a single string will (a) help one learn which notes work (and which won't), (b) make one slow down and choose notes carefully, and (c) cause one to focus more on phrasing. Are you game?

BTW Cori I sent you a PM.

daryl

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 am

Thanks for letting me see your hands. This version is definitely smoother and the added hammer-ons and slides work nicely. But PLEASE don't make this your last attempt.....

I have a challenge for you (and others): try an improv on a single string. I will upload my attempt too (in my "Improv 101 (I vi IV V)" thread). I think improvising on a single string will (a) help one learn which notes work (and which won't), (b) make one slow down and choose notes carefully, and (c) cause one to focus more on phrasing. Are you game?

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 am

daryl wrote:

Game on! I like the sound of that challenge...

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 am

Cori:

By all means, keep going. I love this kind of thing and am excited about watching and learning from you guys. Keep it up!

MJ

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Cori:

By all means, keep going. I love this kind of thing and am excited about watching and learning from you guys. Keep it up!

MJ

Jason, wow thanks!! ( I just meant I was done with subjecting people to the same thing over and over again.)
Yeah, no I am having too much fun to quit noodling with this improv stuff altogether.

When you gonna take the plunge? Daryl has one idea now where you are forced to totally limit your pallet to one string only. I think it sounds like a great idea, I also like the idea of simply coming up with a solo using only 2-6 notes. Sound like fun?

skaladar

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:59 pm

daryl wrote:
...... But PLEASE don't make this your last attempt .....
I have to second that.

I'm not only enjoying seeing what you guys are doing, I am also learning things and getting a lot of ideas.

Well done!

♫ Ken ♫

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

skaladar wrote:
daryl wrote:
...... But PLEASE don't make this your last attempt .....
I have to second that.

I'm not only enjoying seeing what you guys are doing, I am also learning things and getting a lot of ideas.

Well done!

♫ Ken ♫
Thanks Ken!! Very nice of you to say!! Flattering to thing anybody could learn from the likes of me. But thanks, fella! (Daryl on the other hand...he's pretty versatile.)
You say you got ideas...alright lets see em, Man.

Cori

michelew

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

lueders wrote:
For a second time I was unable to post directly to youtube...as you know a person needs a hyperlink to be able to paste this into thread on the forum. In this case... Daryl's improvisation thread.
Sorry for the duplication.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
Cori,

That was very cute and very cool. You're a creative man. I really liked it just a it is. I'm sure it could easily get stuck in your head.

very nice.

Michele

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks a lot michelle!! Yep it is pretty darn basic. But that's what works I suppose.
(I do think the second one is much better. Even though my guitar is out of tune in that one. DOH!)

You gonna put one up? Hope so.

Thanks Again
Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic