Busking Jamming With Daryl

lueders

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 am

For a second time I was unable to post directly to youtube...as you know a person needs a hyperlink to be able to paste this into thread on the forum. In this case... Daryl's improvisation thread.
Sorry for the duplication.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 am

Hi CORI,,TELL A BIT ON HOW YOU WORKED IT OUT,,DID YOU DOWNLOAD STUFF THAT DARYL MENSIOND...THANKS,,I LIKE WHAT YOU DID..

BobR

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Cori,

Sounding pretty good. A few more hammeron's and pullofffs maybe?

Bob

lueders

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

willem wrote:
Hi CORI,,TELL A BIT ON HOW YOU WORKED IT OUT,,DID YOU DOWNLOAD STUFF THAT DARYL MENSIOND...THANKS,,I LIKE WHAT YOU DID..
Willem, Nope I just hit play recorded over Daryl's Rhythm. I just tried to match the volumes of speaker and guitar as best as I could. I think it came out okay...at least for how I did it.

lueders

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Cori,

Sounding pretty good. A few more hammeron's and pullofffs maybe?

Bob
Thanks Bob! I can sure try that I reckon.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

Sounds pretty good Cori! Love that resonator. I agree with Bobs comment and maybe a slide or two too?
Maybe I'd use colours on the video which don't make you look like you've sold your soul to the Devil :evil: :)

lueders

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Sounds pretty good Cori! Love that resonator. I agree with Bobs comment and maybe a slide or two too?
Maybe I'd use colours on the video which don't make you look like you've sold your soul to the Devil :evil: :)
You don't like the Hell-Spawn look? I was just trying to be a little artsy-fartsy I guess. Extra slides & hammer-ons, I can try that... that's what this improvisation stuff is all bout, I reckon.

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:18 pm

lueders wrote:
willem wrote:
Willem, Nope I just hit play recorded over Daryl's Rhythm. I just tried to match the volumes of speaker and guitar as best as I could. I think it came out okay...at least for how I did it.

yes,,yes,I know now why the rhythm track was a bit low in volume,,but it was there,, i can record that track and send you an mp3,,,for sure,,but do you use an video editng program or is it just you cam or web cam???

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Very very nice Cori!

I've listened to it a couple of times, gets better everytime. Indeed maybe some slides and hammerons, maybe a couple of higher notes, higher up the neck?

Oh well, I'm not that good at making up stuff... :( ...you on the other hand are full of ideas, so just fire away!

I liked it Cori, keep it up!

cheers

Ness :)

lueders

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks Vanessa, It wasn't as thought out as it could/might have been if I spent some more time with it. I enjoy the idea of the puzzle of: trying to make little- songs-inside- of-songs and that it fit rhythmically and hopefully make enough musical sense to work...I'll worry about tasteful, when I get a little better at it! lol!

Thanks Vanessa!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic