Busking LOGGINS AND MESSINA

buddy

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 pm

WATCHING THE RIVER RUN

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I recently re-discovered this group and was reminded how wonderful their music is for the acoustic guitar.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:33 am

Hi Buddy,

This is a wonderful effort ... almost got me choked up, but I'll tell you how to do it next time ;)

I wonder if the pick is really necessary ... to me the river runs without sudden hard picking sounds.

Your voice is inimitable, but you could do as for the hard pick sound ... tone down ... less wind, listen to yourself having fun, and forget you are performing.

No pretense from this end, my friend, great start !

I've watched this a number of times, and it ain't over yet ! Really nice !

Pierre

buddy

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Pierre, Thanks my friend for the detailed and constructive feedback on this. Eventually I would like to also add a lead with a second guitar for this.

Bud

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:45 am

I was not familiar with this song so I'll leave the critique to Pierre who seems to know about it more than I. Anyway I quite liked it Buddy so thanks for the look mate. Will keep an eye out for the updated version with lead!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:59 am

Hi Buddy, that's a nice song I have not heard before with a nice melody to it.It's shaping up well. Pierre is right on the money with his comments and my tuppence worth would be to pull back on the vocal (more loosey goosey, as Cory would say) and go for a more nonchalant style on this one so that the story comes through.
The range of sons and styles you've been showing is quite impressive!

buddy

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Chas, thanks for checking this out and good luck with your move !

buddy

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:13 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Buddy, that's a nice song I have not heard before with a nice melody to it.It's shaping up well. Pierre is right on the money with his comments and my tuppence worth would be to pull back on the vocal (more loosey goosey, as Cory would say) and go for a more nonchalant style on this one so that the story comes through.
The range of sons and styles you've been showing is quite impressive!
Thanks much my friend for the input on this as it will help me capture the mood of this great tune.

Bud

willem

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Buddy,,i just want to let you know i listen,,i don't know the song,,i live by a river and saw it many times run,,more flow i think,most of the time i was fishing till deep in the night...

i watch it again at your second upload for this song 'cos it is intresting..

buddy

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Willem, Glad you liked this. I love rivers as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic