Busking Paul McCartney WINGS

rapsidy

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:40 am

BDay tribute to Paul LOL..

Just learning the song phrasing not quite right but practice, advice welcome.. hey and my new guitar :)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:05 am

Hey Brad,,yes nice guitar and Paul would be happy that you stole his song,,wel done i geuss(without a pick,,who needs one he,,wel Shell is..),,,no suggestion from me to improve,,we have a master for that..

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 am

Very nice Brad, maybe a tad fast if anything and you are right it does need the bagpipes lol here's Paul, Denny and Linda with a few walk ons towards the end. Maybe you need to capo up the neck a bit to suit your voice, just a suggestion. I must say though you kept the tempo pretty solid throughout.

Plus a huge Image for getting a Cole Clark, I have the fat lady FL1AC and just love the versatility of the pick up system on board. There is a Community group solely for Cole Clark owners , check it out. Plus if you ever have issues with it, I haven't but contacted Cole's directly and ended up establishing a good relationship with Brad Clarke owner of the Co. Mine has the Bunya top and Maple everything else. Nice guitar mate you won't regret it i assure you.

daryl

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:46 am

I think you did a great job hitting the bass strings and strumming with the back of your hand. Just a bit more practice to make it second nature (so you won't have to watch your picking hand). One thing you might want to try is keeping your picking hand a little steadier and flicking the strumming fingers (instead of the broad arm swing). That way your picking fingers and bass strings will be more or less always in the same location. But I'm not sure if you will or can get the same strumming sound. Just a thought. It may or may not help......

pbraun

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 am

Brad, hey nice new guitar! Never would have thought of trying this song-good choice! Chas may be right in using a capo. I thought you played nice and steady
Pete

AcousticAl

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:47 am

Hey Brad,

Nice to see a new video from you- and great to see your new guitar! It sounds great.
I thought Chas would be happy to see it as well :)

Re. your strumming- You have all down strums with your nails. (bass-2-3, bass-2-3)

Are you able to throw in the occasional up strum/brush with the pads of your fingers? Might make the pattern more interesting. (bass-2-3, bass 2-AND-3)

Thanks for sharing!

rapsidy

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for comments guys

the fat lady just sounds awesome when plugged in B)

Capo i will try that how far up ya reckon??? still trying to learn understand this singing music stuff :)

Al i will throw some ups in their i basically just tried to copy what i saw paul doing on the video so dont know how accurate i was

thanks guys, i just wanted to get this up one to show off my new axe and two as it was Paul bday and thought why not p[ost him a song, and i love the song :)

appreciate you watching and comments

tovo

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:29 am

Hey Brad nice job mate. I agree with Chas, I think you just need to either capo or transpose to get into a really comfortable key for you.

Mate, a Cole Clarke and singing about Scotland....Chas doesn't need that sort of sucking up!!!! Congrats on the new guitar.

sbutler

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:36 am

Good Job Brad.

Love the guitar, and that new string sound.

Scott

haoli25

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am

Nice job, Brad. I love that "Fat Lady" sound. Congratulations on the new guitar. Thanks for sharing the video.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic