Busking Paul McCartney WINGS

lueders

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Brad, Man, I like your voice a whole lot! Wish I could do that. :( and guitar-wise you have this pretty much nailed. I'll have to watch it again. But it looks like McCartney's playing on this is about as simple as it gets. I don't think you need to change much of anything if you don't want to.

I do think Daryl had a good suggestion about throwing in the occasional downward, lite flick-strum with the index finger to give it a little textural contrast from the much wider bent- wrist strokes...or varying the rhythm pattern, ever so slightly...like Al mentioned.

I think what really would make this cool... would be to try to sound out some of those bagpipe bits and make a short solo out of that...just a few bars even. I dunno, but I think that would be well worth the effort.

Way to go Brad, :laugh: :)

&

Congratulations on what looks and sounds like great guitar! (It has a huge sound!)

Cori

RicksPick

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Brad
Phew I almost missed this as I was on holiday at the time so thanks Cori

Wow nice guitar, a very nice guitar, sweet woods man
Couldnt help but to sing along

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:04 am

Excellent work yet again Daryl! I love that solo on the Les Paul... just great work!

willem

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 am

daryl wrote:
This is my attempt at "My Love". I'm playing double tracked (acoustic) rhythm. And double tracked the lead part on my Ovation and Les Paul. The rest is midi stuff (including the melody as I can't sing). Michele, I hope you're happy.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hi DARYL,,after 18 hours your still sound the same and it was great to see you when you did the solo,,i think you score now(by the lady's),,i enjoyed it very much ..thanks

dennisg

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 am

Boy, really nice job on this one, Daryl. It looked damned near flawless to me.

dekotaj

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:14 pm

WOW,Sir

That's just Fantastic,Love to watch you play the guitar.It's was just beautifully played.Very nice to see you again.Been from your first post with your friend.I believe??Great work on the lead section.

Your friend
Kevin

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Great composition Daryl, very nicely done. Loving that Les Paul

Hydroman52

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Daryl,

Nice job on this one. You are truly multi-talented. It takes a lot of effort to put something like this together by yourself and it goes way beyond just learning how to play guitar. This is the first time that I have seen your face. You look very much like a guy that I know that lives a few miles down the road from me. He is a salt-of-the-earth type of person like you. Good work, I have learned many things from your posts.

Thanks,
Hydroman52

tovo

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 pm

You have always been a great role model for me Daryl in terms of great hand position, smooth, unhurried changes and great rythmn. Always love your videos I get a great deal from them. This one is no exception.

Kudos to Chris also for his new thread. I saw this one but didn't realize there was a new video.

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Daryl,

Very, very nice! This song has an interesting chord progression. I am not sure what a couple of them are, especially the two coming out of the bridge back into the F. Nice work. Thanks for posting.

Regards, Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic