Tony visits Seattle, kicks ass, flees city.

Lavallee

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 pm

That was a great contribution guys, your voices competed each others , perfect strumming from Tony , perfect embelishment from Dennis. It is fun that you could learn soquickly and give such a great rendition.

Really enjoy it.

It is also impressive to receive in your house for 2 days someone you never met. I am sure it was a memorable visit.

Marc

d_dog

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Really Really awesome job guys! Sounded killer, both of you! It's so cool to see people meet up and do this.
Sorry I missed you Tony, I'm only about an hour from Dennis.
You guys rocked! So kind and generous to take Tony in like that, you're a really kind and generous man Dennis.

Take care,

tovo

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi guys. FINALLY waiting in Melbourne airport after a record...wait for it...22 hours on 1 plane (it's a long story).

Anyway, I am breaking with my own rule of replying to each person who comments on one of my videos, mainly because I'm pretty late to my own party but also I want to talk about my host (s).

Dennis and Jamie are stellar people. Warm, friendly, engaging and simply wonderful hosts. It's a funny thing and something we did discuss over the weekend, we both felt like we had known each other for some time. Dennis and I do talk over iChat quite regularly, so it sure didn't feel like we had just met. It felt more like old friends who hadn't seen each other for ages. Jamie is just wonderful, and I had opportunity to meet their mutual friend Heather who is also a great person. We went down to Dennis' local guitar store on Saturday morning and played a heap of instruments. Good times.

In terms of the video, it was definitely a case of me trying to step up to Dennis' level. It's true as he mentioned that I was thrilled with the result. It's a wonderful 'keepsake' of my visit.

Only wish I could drop in more often.....

suziko

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 am

Guys,

I've been away since Saturday on a family vacation and have limited internet time and connection. But I finally got a chance to pop into TG for a few minutes to watch this. I loved it! You both sounded great. Loved Dennis's improvised "noodling" at the beginning and I thought Tony's hammer-on into the C/G was just excellent. Your voices both sounded great and, like Stuart, I really apppreciated that you took the time to coordinate your outfits. It's the little details that matter! :)

It was great to see you two together. Like Shel, I just wish I could have been there with you.

Suzi

Hydroman52

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am

Just got back from a fishing tournament (no time to reply to forum for past few days). Hey, what a great surprise. Nice playing, guys! Like the harmonies, too. It's good that you could get together for more than one day. Seems like a few hours or even one day is way too short for this type of thing. Thanks for posting. This is really good stuff.

Dennis - Good of you to put up a fellow player. Need I say more?

Tony - You know how to stop and smell the roses. You might enjoy this one (a quirky little palindrome):

[video][/video]

Hydroman52

RicksPick

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Outstanding one of my fav songs
Done justice
I'm sat in the middle of a big empty field with u guys rocking it loud and proud
A few thousand peeps and it could b at a festival
Well done guys
RicksPick

willem

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Well I had to watch it again as well, since I just love this video!

I don't know how to put it into words, but the intensity and serenity that you have put into this song is just .......well I can't describe it..

Tony, your voice in this song is just absolutely fantastic, it's really in your range and it fits you perfectly and then the harmonies (I'm a sucker for harmonies) Dennis, gosh it just sounds awesome (sorry I already said that, but have to say it again), but also the solo-singing-parts, the noodling around on the guitar, the feel you put into it.....am I gushing now??! :dry:

Alright guys....it's late at night...that must be it of course :P ..........seriously I absolutely loved it!

Ness

wammer

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 pm

man its all been said so i second everything............

You two rocked it....

I am soooooooooo happy for everyone on TG that has been able to meet up and play..............im sooooooooooooo jealous...............I wish we could all meet up one day.........and as Al has said NEVER SAY NEVER ;)

Tammy

tovo

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey guys I think I can speak for Dennis when I say that we appreciate your supportive comments very much. I was able to meet 3 very nice guys on my trip to North America, and obviously got to spend more time with Dennis than Marc and Pierre but the experience of meeting all 3 was wonderful. I brought home some very special memories. I hope I will have the opportunity to meet up with TGers again sometime.

rapsidy

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 am

I Have to agree with what everyone has said that was just a great performances the vocals sounded FANTASTIC and Tony you definately stepped up to the level, not that you needed to :)

truly great job by you both, man one of those taylors would be nice

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic