Tony visits Seattle, kicks ass, flees city.

willem

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 am

Hi, I read first all the post in this thread,for me a kind of pep talk to go and watch and hear your collaboration and WOW YEAH ,,ABSOLUTE ROCKIN both of you,,what a great arrangement,what can i say more,,i like it ..and so you see ''you can !!always get what you want'''...just travel on..

Willem

daryl

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 am

This is another one of those TG SHOWCASE videos. This one deserves to be placed on the TG Homepage as a "featured video"! Everything about it was GREAT!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 am

Had to watch this again this morning, its just so cool.
I'm assuming you had very little time to get that done and that Tony probably had never played that song before as Dennis sprung it on him so that makes it an even better performance.

Cosmic: Now I am also curious about the waving UWO in the background. As to the band name, The Trembling Kneecaps come to mind but that's probably promoting an unfortunate direction of thought! Rocking Kneecaps? The Patella Brothers? Bare Naked Kneecaps?

MarkM

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:33 am

WOW!!!! I must say that was total enjoyment. I couldn't ask for anymore. Two of my favorite and long standing TG buddies getting together and playing a great Stones song. Playing and singing it exceptionally well I might add. Guys this was such a treat to see. I am so happy for you two and greener than Tony's Shreck face at the moment with all the envy I have. I'm guitar withdrawls at the moment and this just put a huge smile on my face. Thank you!!!! You guys were great!!

MarkM

skaladar

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 am

Geez Tony, seems you are making the world tour just like our banner … Good thing you don’t fit in a tube :-)

That was a great performance …
Indeed both of you really rocked-it! It was lots of fun to watch and listen too. I am very impressed that these collaborations are coming off as smoothly as they are.
As was mentioned, you couldn’t have much prep time but yet it looks like you have been rehearsing this for some time.

Thanks for sharing your time together with us.

♫ Ken ♫

lueders

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 am

HOLY- COW!!! Others have said it...but, I'll say it again... Fellas, that was a really, really a great performance!! If there is ever a T.G. "Greatest Hits compilation CD, that song outta definitely be either the lead-off track or the album closer...one or the other. I agree with Al, Your voices blend together really pleasant & interesting ways!! Loved it guys... Thanks!!

Cori

dennisg

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks so much to everyone for your generous support and enthusiasm for this collaboration.

You should know that Tony, at his own expense, came to Seattle to spend a couple of days in the house of someone he had never met in person. You should also know that he was the perfect house guest, ate all the food we slid in front of him, and gamely played every song I introduced him to. He took a real liking to this Stones song and suggested we record it. I spent about 5 minutes noodling around with my guitar part while Tony got comfortable with that repeated chord transition from G to a hammered G/C. It's a tribute to his work ethic that he went from never having done that particular hammer style to doing it absolutely flawlessly in a song that demands that the player play it constantly throughout -- from beginning to end.

The thing that makes me the happiest about this video is how stoked Tony was when he watched it for the first time on my computer. His reaction made all the effort worthwhile.

As I write this, I think Tony is still airborne on his way back to Australia. I'm sure he'll be filling you in on the details shortly after he lands.

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:10 pm

dennisg wrote:
Thanks so much to everyone for your generous support and enthusiasm for this collaboration.

You should know that Tony, at his own expense, came to Seattle to spend a couple of days in the house of someone he had never met in person. You should also know that he was the perfect house guest, ate all the food we slid in front of him, and gamely played every song I introduced him to. He took a real liking to this Stones song and suggested we record it. I spent about 5 minutes noodling around with my guitar part while Tony got comfortable with that repeated chord transition from G to a hammered G/C. It's a tribute to his work ethic that he went from never having done that particular hammer style to doing it absolutely flawlessly in a song that demands that the player play it constantly throughout -- from beginning to end.

The thing that makes me the happiest about this video is how stoked Tony was when he watched it for the first time on my computer. His reaction made all the effort worthwhile.

As I write this, I think Tony is still airborne on his way back to Australia. I'm sure he'll be filling you in on the details shortly after he lands.
Dennis:

Both of you guys did a stellar job. It was very kind of you to have Tony over and I imagine that the two of you had a blast getting to know one another in person. This spurt of TG get-togethers is really inspiring.

MJ

Yamaha48

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Tony and Dennis.

What a great video from you,sounds realy good.
The playing and singing fantastic.
A great job my friends.
This trip makes a good good video.
Thanks for sharing.

cheers...........Anton

mcfingers

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Wow! talk about "Hands across the Sea'" and the "Power of Music" You guys showed what it is all about. Great job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic