Busking EDDIE VEDDER

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:21 am

buddy wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Hey Bud this is becoming a habit, but yet again I agree with Tony... First up was best, so the vote is swinging. I played along on my 12string to this and I think you need to add an Am7 in the chorus, after the lyric 'hard son through to 'big people', or thereabouts anyway. The chords I use are the D then a Cadd9 , G and of course the Am7. Now going from D to Am7 I don't find easy so the first beat is an Am then I add the 7th on the second beat sort of fits the song. I can't quite make out which chords you actually use, and my ear aint great lol!

I enjoyed that good song for your range.

Edit, I can always use a simpler Am7 but the one I like for this song is standard Am shape with the pinky on the 3rd fret 1st string, (that's why its difficult for me anyway :) )
Chas, Thanks for the input on this. I am playing D,C,G,D for the verse and D,AM,G, D for the chorus. I am adding a few variations in as well similar to what you had suggested with the various chords. Good to hear from you, Bud
I had a old fart moment whilst playing along, something wasn't quite right and could I put my finger on it not a chance, was it you - nope then had to be me... playing all the right chords guitar is in tune... Wait a minute just recalled I was playing Greg lakes I Believe in Father Christmas in Drop D!!! duh!!!

buddy

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 am

Chas, Very funny !!!!!!

michelew

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 am

Buddy,

Another great post. I also prefer version number 2. I like the lighter touch. Your voice adds enough passion, the heavy strumming makes it feel a little... angry is the wrong word, regardless I prefer the second version.

Good job.

M.

buddy

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:54 pm

michelew wrote:
Buddy,

Another great post. I also prefer version number 2. I like the lighter touch. Your voice adds enough passion, the heavy strumming makes it feel a little... angry is the wrong word, regardless I prefer the second version.

Good job.

M.
Michele, Thanks for checking in on this. I always appreciate your ear and opinion.

Bud

jksniper

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:46 am

Nice job Buddy....wish I had the voice you do.
John

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 am

Hey Buddy,

Powerful version. Looks like a tough strumming pattern to keep going.
I prefer the first version.

buddy

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm

jksniper wrote:
Nice job Buddy....wish I had the voice you do.
John
Thanks much John I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Bud

buddy

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Al, Really great to hear from you and thanks for the vote on which version you liked.

Bud

sws626

Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Long Nights

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tombo1230

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:34 pm

That was really very good! I don't think I've heard this song before, but you sang and played it with real feeling.

Good choice using the thumb strum as it gave the song a nice mellow feel to it. All in all I thought that was really enjoyable. :)

I hope you don't mind this observation, nothing to do with the song but, has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Errol Flynn? No kidding that's who you remind me of. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic