Busking EDDIE VEDDER

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey Bud this is becoming a habit, but yet again I agree with Tony... First up was best, so the vote is swinging. I played along on my 12string to this and I think you need to add an Am7 in the chorus, after the lyric 'hard son through to 'big people', or thereabouts anyway. The chords I use are the D then a Cadd9 , G and of course the Am7. Now going from D to Am7 I don't find easy so the first beat is an Am then I add the 7th on the second beat sort of fits the song. I can't quite make out which chords you actually use, and my ear aint great lol!

I enjoyed that good song for your range.

Edit, I can always use a simpler Am7 but the one I like for this song is standard Am shape with the pinky on the 3rd fret 1st string, (that's why its difficult for me anyway :) )

buddy

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:27 pm

jayswett wrote:
There are several songs on that soundtrack that I love, and this is one of them. Nicely done, as usual. It sounds particularly good on a 12 string for anyone who happens to own one.
Jay, I have been listening to a few more songs on the soundtrack as well and their is some good music on their. Thanks for the input.

Bud

buddy

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 am

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback and your encouragement. TG and the TG crew have really helped to inspire and help me in so many ways.

buddy

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Good job Buddy! I also like the 2nd version better, more balanced, well done!

Ness
Ness, it is so good to see you back at TG, you add a lot to the forum.

lueders

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

That is my second favorite post from you! (Long Black Train, being the first fav.) I concur with the majority here...#2 is better that #1. Very solid performance. This is a perfect song for you.

Cori

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Thank you Bud, that's so sweet of you to say...! :)

buddy wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Good job Buddy! I also like the 2nd version better, more balanced, well done!

Ness
Ness, it is so good to see you back at TG, you add a lot to the forum.

pbraun

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Buddy,
I have never heard this song before, very good. I listened to both versions and both are good but I like the second. You bring such a mix of songs to the table, I think that is great, I tend to hung up on a few bands or styles but you bring so much more-keep em coming!
Pete

buddy

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Hey Bud this is becoming a habit, but yet again I agree with Tony... First up was best, so the vote is swinging. I played along on my 12string to this and I think you need to add an Am7 in the chorus, after the lyric 'hard son through to 'big people', or thereabouts anyway. The chords I use are the D then a Cadd9 , G and of course the Am7. Now going from D to Am7 I don't find easy so the first beat is an Am then I add the 7th on the second beat sort of fits the song. I can't quite make out which chords you actually use, and my ear aint great lol!

I enjoyed that good song for your range.

Edit, I can always use a simpler Am7 but the one I like for this song is standard Am shape with the pinky on the 3rd fret 1st string, (that's why its difficult for me anyway :) )
Chas, Thanks for the input on this. I am playing D,C,G,D for the verse and D,AM,G, D for the chorus. I am adding a few variations in as well similar to what you had suggested with the various chords. Good to hear from you, Bud

buddy

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Cori, Thanks so very much as I always appreciate your input,

Bud

buddy

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Pete, So many songs to play and so little time, I am always amazed at how many great songs their are for the acoustic guitar. Thanks for you comments, Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic