Busking Captain Corelli

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm

suziko wrote:
Well, how fun was that? What a sweet little ditty! That mandolin looks so tiny, Chas. It must have been a real challenge to play. but it sounded really nice and you looked like you were having a fun time. I also really liked your hat! And the old-timey effect that you gave the camera (I'm assuming that was intentional?). I'd like a mandolin some day.....

Suzi
Hi Suzi, Thanks for the comment. The soundtrack to the movie has quite a few real nice 'ditties'. The mandolin is small, at the Nut its 30mm scale length is 54mm, so you are right it is challenging. The TG thing with hats prevails I thought it has the fedora look (even thought its a trilby). The effect was intentional to give the old WWII feel. The complete thing was originally me just goofing around with new Web-cam. I bought this 6 -7 weeks ago on impulse and tried various mandolins from real El Cheapos to top end, the sound quality between them is amazing, this one was lower end as even though impulse I didn't want to spend a lot on the relatively unknown, so this is entry level semi acoustic and sounds ok.

Oh noo have I started MAS (Mandolin Acquisition Syndrome) lol

Thanks again.

Chas

RicksPick

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Chas
Cool video mate
And nice sounds

Trying to catch up after being away
So glad I didnt miss the Bi annual Chas showing, back in his box now :P

RicksPick

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks for commenting Rick. If you'd missed it TG would have to deduct points lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic