Busking CIVIL WARS

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 pm

MarkM wrote:
Bud,

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be honest and say that watching your video gave me a bit of a little freak out as you played the part a bit too well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. You had some serious eyes going in this one. Nice performance and thanks for the introduction of this band. Curious as to what tuning this was in. Standard???

MarkM
Mark, This is in DADGAD tuning with a lot of string bending. Sorry to scare you, I really let it all hang out in this video B)

buddy

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Bob.

Thanks for listening and glad you enjoyed this,

Bud

ncsurfer

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Buddy I really enjoyed that! Great job on getting the mood of the song, really heartfelt. I look forward to more of this from you. Keep it up!

To go with your southern tour of music I offer you The Avett Brothers..........hope you enjoy it.

[video][/video]

Lavallee

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Buddy, I like that song that you have put on. I did not know about civil wars and I really like their style.

I was watching your video and the strumiing did not seem to flow smoothly. If you look at the video below, you will notice that he has a continuous and mutes the strings with his left hand instead of making a pause wioth the right hand , as Neil has shown it. Only one time in his strumming sequence is he doing a syncopated strum (doing an up missing ythe down and hitting a strong up).

However maybe, you have chosen to strum as you do which is fine

Marc

buddy

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Marc, you are correct. He does the syncopated strumming in the intro before he starts singing and then switches up to make it easier to play and sing at the same time. You will notice that he does intersperse the same syncopated rhythm throughout the song. I chose to keep the syncopated beat through the whole song as I felt it added to the spooky and gritty feel of the tune.

Bud

Lavallee

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Buddy, he does the syncopated throughout the song, I meant he was doing it once in his strum cycle and there are many cycles over the song. I also meant to say that you might consider to constant strumming with the left hand muting which keeps a continuous rhythm compare to stopping which gives more a more erratic effect (seems to loose the beat).

Of course this my listener opinion which you might disagree with

Marc .

buddy

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Marc, thanks for the input on this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic