Busking CIVIL WARS

MarkM

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 am

Bud,

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be honest and say that watching your video gave me a bit of a little freak out as you played the part a bit too well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. You had some serious eyes going in this one. Nice performance and thanks for the introduction of this band. Curious as to what tuning this was in. Standard???

MarkM

BobR

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi Bud,

Not one I have heard before. Sounds a bit spooky but real good at the same time. Nice performance.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Pierre, You are such a poetic character. Really glad you enjoyed this. Made me laugh with the old Ben-hur trivia.

Bud

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Tony, Glad you enjoyed this, you should be playing this on one of your walkabouts around the campfire.

Bud

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:08 pm

thedancer wrote:
Hi Buddy

I loved it . pure class.

Dancer
Dancer, Thanks so much for listening !

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
What you smokin! That was kinda hypnotic that driving beat I liked it! I'm always open to listen to different styles and that was different! Looked like you put a lot into the performance Buddy, that would stand up anywhere sounds like it might come from the 'Deliverance' movie soooooo eeeeeee lol
Chas, had me laughing out loud with your pig squeel. I tired to let it all go on this one for sure.

Bud

lueders

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Buddy, I thought your guitar playing was authentic and in keeping with the actual recording. I also really like your singing on these "down home" kinda tunes. It suits your voice and style I think...probably best of all! (I keep going back to your Long Black Train performance.)

I think the harmonies on the actual recording, of this song are amazing!!
But is it just me or is this song just begging for some kind of musical break or other instrumentation?
That has nothing do with the way you played it. Afterall, that is the way the song goes...and you did great!!
But INMAO their is just too much repetition going on with that rhythm guitar figure.

I know Mr Young had a two chord masterpiece with "Cowgirl in the Sand" & Bo Diddley made a career out of playing more-or-less one chord...But don't you think this song would be WAY cooler if it had few stinging bows from a fiddle here and there; or a spooky little church organ bit or something else to give your ear a break from the sturm & drang of that guitar? That is the one thing that kept from buying this album. Sorry to be painful, Just my opinion...

Cori

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:21 pm

willem wrote:
Swamp he..Mmmmm,,it was'nt swampy !!! that for sure..
Willem, LOL my friend.

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 pm

skaladar wrote:
Well that was certainly different, and a lot of fun.
Leave it to TG and folks like you Buddy to continue to expand my musical horizons.
I’m curious if that was in standard tuning. It doesn’t sound like it.
Yep, kinda haunting, spooky feeling to this … but I like it.

Great job Buddy, thanks for sharing!

♫ Ken ♫
Ken, Thanks for listening and your kind comments. This is in DADGAD tuning with some major bending of the strings as well.

Bud

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Buddy... nice piece of swamp (I'd have thought the Green Man would have felt right at home!).
Haunting, spooky with a hypnotic touch. I dug out the lyrics and sand some harmonies with you there.
I enjoyed that... and now I think its hog calling time....
Chris, it does seem that a ogre would feel right at home with this :-0 Thanks for the comments and for posting the link. She sure can sing those harmonies in the original can't she. sing away and the call the pigs home.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic