Busking Townes Van Zandt

dekotaj

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 am

BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!

That was just unbelievable.(Gripping)Yes That's the word.Played and sang beautifully! Like other, like the hybrid picking.

BRAVO! Again Jeff.Fantastic song.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 am

Loved it Jeff!
I love these story telling ballads and you play and sing it so well.
Great job!

jimcjimc

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:49 am

Jeff,
That was great! I am a big fan of Steve Earle & Townes Van Zandt and I don't think I have heard that song before. Great song choice & great playing & singing.
Jim

lueders

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:35 am

I'm glad you're back Jay! (I was suffering from jcrocket withhdrawal.)
Really missed your performances. And as always, I REALLY love it when you tackle this type of genre.
It is VERY you, I believe.

You've got that hybrid hybrid picking stuff down pat! (Your arrangement? REALY GOOD!)
I like how you sing so naturally, conversationally and well... If I didn't think so much of you I would be real envious. (Seems like I've typed that before...)

And, what a great well crafted song... Pulls you in and won't let go.
Just an absolute emotional buzz-saw of a ballad. POWERFUL!!![sup][/sup]

BobR

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 am

Jeff,

Like everyone else, I thought you did a terrific job. I also like you Hybrid picking , cool technique.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Holy smoke Jeff that was great. Your sound set-up sound great as well. You really nailed the guitar on this !!!!

Bud

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:26 pm

How can one go wrong with Van Zandt and Earle..... B)

Like others have already mentioned, great job on the picking and overall playing. I think you did a superb job on a classic song. I have not heard that one in years. Thanks for sharing it!

:) :) :)

MJ

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Jeff, good gritty playing and vocals. Count me in as a fan.

Pierre

millponddave

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:04 pm

I have to echo everyone else. Great job, and what a great song as well. It's performances like that that keep me working hard to improve.

Dave

jcrocket

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks everyone for all of the great comments, each one really means a lot. I've only been getting into the Townes Van Zandt stuff for a relatively short time, and like a lot of his songs, this one really grabbed me. He was definitely a gifted songwriter, though not one to put out "feel good" types of songs - his personal struggles apparently fueled much of his creativity. (Michele - if you thought this one was sad, check out his song "Tecumseh Valley" some time).

And thanks to those of you who commented on the hybrid picking - I kind of developed this habit by accident, but it seems to work well on this song.

The past couple of months have been a difficult time for me and my family, and it has unfortunately kept me away from this site and community. I'm hoping to spend more time participating, and enjoying the contributions of others, going forward.

Thanks again everyone,
Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic