Busking Ukulele songs

michelew

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks Sue! You're hilarious and beautiful. Don't get dead!

dekotaj

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 am

HEY SIS,BRAVO!!!!

Loved it,just fantastic!!Vocal were great,the playing and also the song choice.BRAVO!!!

But let me see now.When I left a few months ago,if I'm not mistaking your were playing the piano.Before that it was the bass.So now I'm thinking that we have a pretty woman with a real warm personality playing all these interments.So that leads me to believe that next is going to be a looping station.And then you will be a one woman band???Can't wait to see that one!!!

BRAVO my friend.You and Sue be good and well see you later.
Kevin

michelew

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 am

Kevin,

You're the sweetest. I miss you BIG time. I'm looking forward to hearing the results of your sabbatical.

Well I've definitely started to learn a lot of things... :) I got myself a hand drum too the other day, an Indonesian djembe. It's very cool. I really enjoyed the little bit of playing I did while learning from you tube tutorial. But, it took about an hour to work out that...well it wasn't going to work out given that I live in an apartment and Sue isn't deaf...yet. She was waiting for a neighbour to knock on the door at which point she planned to show them to where I was playing and let them tell me off. Oops! :). I guess i was being a little too loud and i guess there are limits to Sue's patience. It was fun while it lasted. Perhaps a smaller drum would work.... :)

Thanks for your ever supportive comments Kevin. They NEVER fail to make me feel good.

Love

Shel

dekotaj

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 am

Drums,WOW

Now your talking my language,Being a old drummer myself.But yep hard to find a place to practice sometimes.Heck don't let that keep you from playing.How about this one??

Kev

michelew

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:18 am

Kevin, unfortunately I can't play the link on my iPad. Hopefully it will work on my Mac.

Quiet drums, I'm assuming, interesting.

Shel

michelew

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 am

Sorry about the sound quality of this. Something strange is happening with my set up today. It could be the heat, it’s 43 oC here today; 110 oF. I decided to put it up anyway, well because I was under instructions to upload something and to prove that I have expressions besides the grimace.

This is just a little bit of ukulele, which I’ve been playing while on holidays. I kept getting the words wrong which is why I’m cracking up.

So...What have you been playing over the holidays?

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 am

That was very nice, Shel. I didn't think you messed up so much as to distract from the beauty of that song, which Elvis did so well.

Nice to see those laughs and smiles. :D Hey we gotta have some fun here, and if we don't upload our mistakes, how will others see what we need help with?

I loved it, Shel. Keep it up.

~terry

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 am

BTW: I like the new profile pic. :)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 am

Very nicely done Shel! A very confident performance indeed. Just so you know exactly what I mean... go back to your first upload and compare... amazing progress! I love the Andy Williams version of this better than Elvis.

tovo

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:42 am

I have no idea what wise men say Shel, never been one. However as a former WILD man I say that was great and planted a huge smile on my dial. It's great to see you looking so happy, so healthy and so relaxed. Will Sue mind if I say you're looking quite beautiful also? Tell her I didn't actually say it, I only wrote it.

Marvelous. I still don't dig the Uke....but I dig you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic