Busking Ukulele songs

tombo1230

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 am

What a stunning looking instrument! Nice job playing and singing. Your uke playing is coming along nicely. B) :)

Tom N.

willem

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 am

I saw this on the tube and now here and it sounded the same,,,i have one big smile,,,here's my WOW Shel,, :laugh: :laugh: B)

Willem

EDIT: thats a great uke and if I want one it sure is that one...

Lavallee

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Michele, very nice uke and I really like the sound. It seems perfect for your voice. I noticed that your strumming variations add to the song. Going from heavy to gentle then back to heavy sounds really good.

Marc

snipe

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:03 am

Michele
That was well done, vocals and playing! A pleasent song to be sure. Nice Uke, really like the sound out of that one.

Mike

michelew

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks for your nice responses guys, it was definely nice to wake up to your comments.

BTW - Longing to a Belong is actually a stand alone single, it's not on the album as I had remembered.

Tom - Thanks for the praise about the uke and about my playing and progress. It's always nice to hear. Yes I do like to look of it too, very different from a spruce top.

Willem - Thanks for the WOW, now I have a big smile too. If you decide to get a uke play a bunch of different ones. The 6 strings are good for filling out the sound, but harder for picking notes, so you need to decide how you want to play. It is a fun instrument and very forgiving.

Marc - Thanks! That is the way Eddie plays it (the general dynamics). I really like the change in dynamics too. I just need to work on my voice more so I'm not overpowering it during the heavy strumming. Are you planning to do a camp report? :)

Mike - Thanks. It is a nice little uke. Actually I've been surprised by the differences in sounds from different ukes. Different strings make a huge difference too.

Thanks again guys.

Shel

willem

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 pm

iT must be quite a challenging to play this uke the way its string up,,can you guide me to some explanings a bout this..here or the net elsewhere..???

michelew

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Willem,

The 6-string is not challenging generally, just for playign some individual notes. For strumming its pretty much same, same. Fretting the double strings takes a bit more pressure, but not significantly. If you want to pick the highest octave string on the two double courses you need to pluck away from you, down rather than up. And if you want to just get the high string and not have the lower octave string ring then you need to change your fretting hand a little and pluck more softly. If you don't care about having both ring then it really doesn't matter.

So it really only affects chord melodies and solos. If you want to strum its all good.

Of course...I've been told that 6 strings on a uke is "cheating". :) B) :P So you might need to deal with a uke identity issues. :) :)

If you're interested in ukes, just play a bunch of them, which is always good advice regardless of what sort of instrument you're looking for.

Enjoy.

Shel

willem

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 pm

michelew wrote:
Willem,

The 6-string is not challenging generally, just for playign some individual notes. For strumming its pretty much same, same. Fretting the double strings takes a bit more pressure, but not significantly. If you want to pick the highest octave string on the two double courses you need to pluck away from you, down rather than up. And if you want to just get the high string and not have the lower octave string ring then you need to change your fretting hand a little and pluck more softly. If you don't care about having both ring then it really doesn't matter.

So it really only affects chord melodies and solos. If you want to strum its all good.

Of course...I've been told that 6 strings on a uke is "cheating". :) B) :P So you might need to deal with a uke identity issues. :) :)

If you're interested in ukes, just play a bunch of them, which is always good advice regardless of what sort of instrument you're looking for.

Enjoy.

Shel
I am totally confused but i am on holiday(chaos,,no control,no structure,, i even have to login twice),,now you have to explane with a tutorial vid how it works...I like the more sound of it,thats what attract me..

michelew

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:46 am

Willem,

I've obviously miscommunicated because the level of challenge really isn't so much that it warrants a video IMHO. Perhaps I should have just said "just be aware that it's trickier to play single notes on the normal A string (as opposed to the additional A string). Test drive a 6 string compared to a normal four string. Play a few arpeggios and listen to the difference in sound and you'll see what I mean immediately.

A video... No promises, but maybe. :)

Shel

willem

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:52 am

michelew wrote:
Willem,

I've obviously miscommunicated because the level of challenge really isn't so much that it warrants a video IMHO. Perhaps I should have just said "just be aware that it's trickier to play single notes on the normal A string (as opposed to the additional A string). Test drive a 6 string compared to a normal four string. Play a few arpeggios and listen to the difference in sound and you'll see what I mean immediately.

A video... No promises, but maybe. :)

Shel

Thanks Michele,,I sure gonna look at this sort of uke and have a testdrive but could be a while,first things first,,, a video?? well take your time and it would be nice..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic