Busking Robin Trower

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 pm

millponddave wrote:
OK, That is one of those kinda freaky things. One of my guitar mags just had a interview with Robin Trower, I hadn't thought about Procol Harum in years.
Interesting choice in using the nylon string guitar. I liked it.

Dave
Hi Dave Glad you liked it. It is freaky you are not the first to mention Robin Trower in recent days, maybe he is staging a comeback lol

Craig

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:59 am

Chas,
Sorry I'm a little late to your great effort here, I had to go back to work this week.
I think you did a great job here. I love the sound and thought you were solid on the slides and bends! Way to go!
Craig

suziko

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:57 am

Hey Chas! Sorry for taking such a long time to respond! Like many others, I was not familiar with this piece of music, but I liked your version of it. Loved those slides, bends and vibrattos. Very cool sounding, indeed. It's nice to see 2 videos from you in one week! You're going to get us all spoiled! :)

Suzi

Lavallee

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:25 am

Hey Chas, sorry to be late as well. Very interesting song that I did not know either (nor the group) Looks challenging to play with all the chords bends and slide.

I am also glad to see anther video from you

Marc

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Craig. Marc and Suzi,

Nah don't be sorry there are no time limits on this site I'm just pleased you took the time to drop by.

I've had some positive comments on this song and the way I portrayed it I'm still not convinced myself to continue with it on the Nylon. I realise its early days and I can tighten up the timing etc, but I really doubt i can get the solo down on the Nylon string so I have no where to go with it, The chorus and verse do sound good on Nylon albeit a little bit hollow without effects. I'm always keen to try something different sometimes it works sometime it doesn't to my ears anyway. It was a good exercise for bending , sliding and vibrato though. I think my next Nylon post will be something more in keeping with a Classical theme though (already practising it)

Thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate them.

Chas

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't know how this got by my radar!

Great to see another video from you, Chas! I don't know which is cooler- the guitar or the hat!! I love them both!
But I guess I would like to hear you go at this with an electric though.
It's. Great excuse for a THIRD VIDEO from you!!
;)

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I don't know how this got by my radar!

Great to see another video from you, Chas! I don't know which is cooler- the guitar or the hat!! I love them both!
But I guess I would like to hear you go at this with an electric though.
It's. Great excuse for a THIRD VIDEO from you!!
;)
Thanks for stopping by Al. This is definitely an electric guitar song but It was an experiment which was fun to do. As for another vid I have a couple in mind, I recorded one the other night straight to Webcam mike and the sound was dreadful so will need to redo using the BR, a more classical use of the Nylon but not a TG song. I'm running out of hats though lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic