Busking Robin Trower

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 am

Unplugged version of Bridge Of Sighs on my Takamine TH90. Only started working on this Sunday but its taken this long to upload! I decided to do the verse and chorus not the the solo as it is way too difficult on an electric never mind the Nylon string; as it is the bends on second fret are a killer. Guitar is a full step down also. A few flubs as I did this in one take and decided it would do or I'd never post! A few more plays and I'll get it up to speed I'm playing it at 80% tempo.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:04 am

Hey Chas. Interesting tune, never heard it before. I was digging the bends and slides. Looks like you are progressing pretty well with it in a short space of time so look forward to seeing the next take if you chose to post an update. Good stuff and of course, one cannot help but be impressed by your very nice hat!

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:16 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Chas. Interesting tune, never heard it before. I was digging the bends and slides. Looks like you are progressing pretty well with it in a short space of time so look forward to seeing the next take if you chose to post an update. Good stuff and of course, one cannot help but be impressed by your very nice hat!
Thanks Tony, it was a bit of an experiment really, I mean Robin Trower plays it on a Strat with a few effects, its played at 54 normally I slowed it down to around 48ish. SO there is more to it on electric guitar.

Its taken me almost 24hrs to upload very frustrating lol.

Yamaha48

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:59 am

Hello my friend Chas.

Nice to see your nylon guitar.
Yeh electric guitar have for this kind of music a nother sound.
Good that you slowed down,when you play it more,than you can speed it up.
Im lookin forwards,to your pregression my friend.

thanks for sharing.

cheers........Anton

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:21 am

Sounds great Chas. I don't know it either. But I really liked it.

Mate... now that we know you can get a post up in less than a week.... well I for one expect to see you posting to the 'at least 1 post a month' schedule you set yourself as part of your New Years' resolution (your resolution not mine haha).

Keep them coming mate. Good stuff.

Michele

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:30 am

Thanks Anton, I'm not sure If i will try anymore with this on Nylon though.

Thanks Michele I intend to post more at least monthly. I wasn't happy with the sound reproduction through the web cam so may need to use the micro BR for the nylon guitar.

For those not having heard this heres a recent live version by the man himself.

With effects, actually just noted he plays it slower nowadays sooo meaning I'm not so far off with tempo as i thought lol

RicksPick

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:25 am

Nice Chas
Nice and clean, thought the sound you captured was not bad at all.

Top hat too mate

RicksPick

willem

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 am

Hi Chas,,i also like practicing stuff on nylon first and then when comfort with i add it the steel,,i think you did a good job on it(i listen to the original) and the sound you produced came in here very good(ear cups on) so don't worry.

Whats the story a baut the long upload??

thanks for sharing and man we had some patiens...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:58 am

Very cool Chas! I thought that worked really well on your nylon Tak (not an obvious choice) .... I actually like the sound better than the original.
Glad you got the byte carrying Hobbits sorted to finally upload your video byte by byte!
Hat was cool.... unfortunately I can't join the club as my head is just too big (careful now!) for hats... none of the sport caps I have ever fit!

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:05 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hat was cool.... unfortunately I can't join the club as my head is just too big (careful now!) for hats... none of the sport caps I have ever fit!
Brain the size of a planet Chris? :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic