Busking Robin Trower

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:34 pm

dennisg wrote:
And two posts in one year from you! Call the folks at Guinness!
Hid did already, ... how do you think he go the post done in the first place :-)!

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Ness,

Pleased you dig the bends and slides very important to the tune not often the Nylon gets subjected to that treatment. Not sure what you mean about 'right button?'

Jay,

I love the sound of Nylon guitars also. Was a resolution of mine to post regularly this year, only took to July to start fulfilling that lol

Scott,

Day of the Eagle and Two Rolling Stoned are also favourites

Wrench,

Glad you liked it. Paganini one day lol

Ken,

Trowers music does scream Strat at you doesn't it. Don't hold back give it a go on that Archtop

Kevin,

Thanks for watching, 70's music just keeps on going strong as ever.

Stuart

Lol I'm on a roll. It was interesting to experiment, didn't quite turn out how I envisaged.

Bob,

String breaking, yeah that was on my mind especially the downward bend at the 7th fret!!

Dennis

Thanks for the compliment, I'm still chuckling about the Guinness point. And Chris I could have downed a Guinness after the frustration of uploading

buddy

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Chas, Now you are on a roll, Can't tell you how great it is to see you posting vids up. This was is really unique and fun.

Bud

AndyT

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:12 pm

I really like Procol Harum, but I'm not sure how easy Conquistador is going to be on an acoustic...

Keep posting Chas. It's keeps peoples attention off me while I practice. LOL

Really nice job with the nylon. Now just add some effects and you can stand in for Robin.

lueders

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Chas!! I dug it dude! I am with Vanessa, I like the sound of bent notes on that Nylon string. After all, Willie bends the H-E-double- hockey- stick outta, Trigger. Right? Your guitar is in a little better shape than Trigger, though. I thought you did a really great job capturing the nuances of this piece. I would think because this song is sorta structurally abstract that playing in time might have been a challenge. But I dunno? Great post Chas.
Reallly good Job, Chas! I hope we keep seeing you. Man.

You have definite skills to pay the bills!

Cori

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Chas, you should consider recording this stripped-down version sitting in the middle of a Japanese rock-garden.

It sounds very Zen ... but it still ROCKS :)

Pierre

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Buddy,

Thanks for the comment it is fun to do these, and I guess it gets easier the more you do.

Andy,

I'll keep up the smokescreen for a little while. I might just try adding effects never done that really with the Nylon.

Cori,

Glad you dug it mate, I was having serious doubts to be honest. The bends on a Nylon are cool not easy at the 2nd fret bending 2 strings at once though, then the killer bend at the seventh where I pull it down as opposed to bending up. Skills to pay the bills... hmmm wouldn't that be nice!

Pierre,

Love the thought of rocking out the tranquil setting of a Zen garden.

Thanks for commenting guys really appreciate that.

BigBear

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Chas-

Great early effort on one of my Top Ten favorite songs and albums. I've seen Robin play live many times and this song remains his best. He uses a really sophisticated electric guitar setup to play this song so your acoustic version is a nice change-up.

Bridge of Sighs is a tough song that I learned to play many years ago and have now mostly forgotten. You've inspired me to have another go at it!!

Thanks for some great memories and please post another video when you feel you've got it mastered (good luck "mastering" any Robin Trower song! LOL!)

:cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comment. Pleased it brought back memories, Robin Trower was one of favourite guitarists when I first started to play. He is not easy to emulate that's for sure. I'm not sure I will proceed much further with this song on Nylon, the solo, which is very protracted is not easy for an electric let alone the Nylon string. Would be interested to hear your take on this song.

regards

Chas

millponddave

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:40 pm

OK, That is one of those kinda freaky things. One of my guitar mags just had a interview with Robin Trower, I hadn't thought about Procol Harum in years.
Interesting choice in using the nylon string guitar. I liked it.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic