Busking THIRD DAY

buddy

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Acoustic Cover of the song Slow Down by Third Day.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

millponddave

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Buddy,

Really nice. I have never heard of Third Day but I liked that song a lot.

Dave

BobR

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Buddy,

You always come up with songs I haven't heard. I listened to your version then over to YT and I must say you did a real fine job(IMHO) with it. Vocals included.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Must be early in the hurricane season ... hurricane Buddy just passed through.

Good blast of feeling there ... so, had to do my research as usual ... I had never heard of "Third Day", they are quite a band.

Buddy, your adaptation is just great as it is ... I might only suggest it's possible that less of a "fade-out" ending for such an intense tune might keep more of the emotion going when silence comes. I checked the original and also a live version and the endings were more of a "help me" than "tell me to slow down" tone, and quite insistent.

But I'm not knocking this interpretation at all, it's quite a success and it's wonderful to be able to give suggestions to someone who has the pipes to do it any which way he wants.

It was great.

Pierre

buddy

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Dave, Thanks for listening. This group is worth checking out as they have some unique music.

Bud

buddy

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Bob, Thanks much for the comments and glad you enjoyed this tune.

buddy

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Pierre, You have such a wonderful way of expressing yourself and your sense of humor always makes me smile. Thanks for listening and for the constructive input as I am always adapting these tunes.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic