Busking Violent Femmes

BigBear

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Cori- I didn't know that song very well but I love hearing your resonator guitar and it works perfectly for those "chucks" in there. Nice playing my friend!

We can always count on you for coming up with interesting and unusual tunes. And then playing them really well!

Thanks for sharing!

:cheer:

sbutler

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Aaah Cori, that was really cool!

Actually I've never heard of this band, great to hear you doing such a fun (fun to play, not sure about the lyrics) song!

I also like the muted strumming and that main riff and yes definitely the fact that you are singing along! :cheer: Why did you decide to add singing, I mean why haven't you before??

Thanks for sharing my friend!

Ness

(trying to resist an emoticon-wave!! :woohoo: )

lueders

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Chas Thanks for taking the time to view. And, I hope you check out the Femmes. Yep, their tunes are
more fun to play than a barrel of monkeys.

Craig Thanks a lot, Man! Glad to hear there are folks out there that like these guys.
DRASTIC SUBJECT CHANGE: Working on any new Surf tunes?

Willem Thanks Willem...this place woundn't be the same without your positive energy. And thanks for
putting up that animation. Folks can hear how the tune is SUPPOSED to sound. loll

Chris Never heard of the Femmes? Well by gosh you'd better get with it fella. lol! Thanks for the kind words.

Suzi I was hoping some of the Cheese-head constituency would weigh in... When a Real Femmes-fan
doesn't think ya mangled it too bad...that says something. Even though this song is delightfully goofy
and it sure ain't Ave Maria, vocally. It is certainly full of sacred nostalgia for me. (And, you as well,
apparently.) That is REALLY cool!!! "ADD-IT-UP?" :laugh: :woohoo: You crack me up!!! That is got to
at least be an NC-17 on that one!!!! Doh! NOT GOOD, for a school teacher on family site to attempt
that one. LOL! Also, I'm glad to hear somebody out there had cassettes. I still have some tapes
actually. Thanks for being so encouraging, Suz!!!

Marc Thank you sir, for the kind words!!! I had a bad attack of wanting to sing something. So, thanks for
being so encouraging. Glad you liked it and the actual tune itself!!

Rick I, like a lot of others, always GREATLY appreciate comments form you! Its a goofy tune but a
real FUN one to play and try to work on getting some vocals in at the same time. You saying I'm
unique is especially nice. I think I'd rather be unique than anything else. Must be the frustrated
painter/sculptor in me. lol!

Vanessa Well, the value of any kind of praise from you goes without saying...SO THANKS!!! You're really
sweet about the encouragement with the vocal thing. I'll keep working at it. I might work at
tackling more songs like this that utilize a small range of notes. Trouble is how many times can you
sing Louie Louie & Wild Thing & get away with it? Lol! Yep, the lyrics on Blister are kinda naughty
aren't they? I almost didn't put it up or that reason...let those emoticons fly, I say!!! :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Greatly appreciated as always, V.

michelew

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 am

Cool song, cool playing.

Mr Cool B) B) B) B) :)

MarkM

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Cori,

YEA BABY!!!!! Now that is a blast from the past. I haven't heard that song in a long time. Well done pal!! Hmm what will you come up with next?????

MarkM

lueders

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:17 pm

MarkM wrote:
Cori,

YEA BABY!!!!! Now that is a blast from the past. I haven't heard that song in a long time. Well done pal!! Hmm what will you come up with next?????

MarkM
Thanks, Mark glad you liked it...I take it you were a child/teen of the eighties?

Cori

MarkM

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Yup. Highschool class of '87.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Cori,

Thanks for taking me back with this upload.

I used to bartend/ DJ at an outdoor summer university pub. This was one of the tunes I'd spin.
(yes I mean SPIN. Was still on vinyl!)

Cheers!

lueders

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Cori,

Thanks for taking me back with this upload.

I used to bartend/ DJ at an outdoor summer university pub. This was one of the tunes I'd spin.
(yes I mean SPIN. Was still on vinyl!)

Cheers!
Well, I'm glad I could help send you back, "DJ Acoustic Al!"

You know, I can almost picture you as a DJ back in the day!!! That's hilarious!! (in a good way!!) :laugh:

I'll bet you were all about the quality production value back then too. And, I'll bet you have some great stories!

Thanks for the view,

Cori

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 pm

It was pretty much the best summer job i ever had!!
Great times, for sure!! (what I can remember of them)
Bad move giving me the keys to the beer fridge :S

Trying to remember a playlist...
"Mirror in the Bathroom" English Beat
"Blister in the Sun". Femmes
"Whole Lotta Love". Zeppelin
"Pump It Up". Elvis Costello

It rocked.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic