THE PRIVILEGE OF SHARING SONGS ON TG

wrench

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

Chris,

I think it is very courageous of you talk about this observation. This is a place where so many manly men dare not tread. But this place is real, and I think you described it accurately and eloquently. There is some connection between music and the soul that is not easily defined or described, but for those who have it, the connection is felt. And I agree that TG is a special place for music connected to one's soul. It is not like playing for family, it is not like playing a gig, and it is not like playing alone. It is somehow different, in a good, and more meaningful way.

I had very emotional reasons to begin playing guitar, and I think I am one of those people who has a lot of emotional connections to music. Generally, I just try to ignore the feelings - they just seem silly, and unimportant to everyone around me. Thus, I could very easily pass up commenting on this subject were it not for something Willem said.
Yes,,it is so beautiful if you really can touch someone with music,,you can't help it with you like (feel) a piece and a tear is coming(or chickenskin),,,when i arrived here for the first time(this site) i had with(and still) ''on the horizon'' by Neil and i remember the last time it happend it was ''vincent'' by Vanessa and in between oh yeah it happend but can''t remember right away,,,oh agree that certain tunings have it all in them,,,you fly away on music..
Neil's "On the Horizon". Vanessa's "Vincent". Let me add Tommy Emmanuel's "Those Who Wait", Antoine Dufour's "Into Your Heart", and Don Ross' "My Previous Life". There is some element of these songs that makes them gut-wrenchingly beautiful to me and more important to share with TG than with friends who are not moved by music. I think it is so much more than the right note at the right time. That is merely the methodolgy, not the message. What is the message?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic