Busking Aerosmith

dsmarion

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:49 am

daryl wrote:
Scott, Check out these 2 free audio editors (I personally like Reaper). They each have lots of effects to "fatten" (and/or otherwise enhance) your audio:

http://www.reaper.fm

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Thank you so much! I will definietly do that.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:56 am

Nice clean job Scott! Welcome to the Buskers Club!
Chris

sws626

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 am

Hi Scott,

Well for someone who is 'really rusty' you do a pretty good job handling those barrechords (including the A-shaped ones), very solid internal metronome (steady tempo), no baseballbat-grip, and the little riffs (or licks, whatever you call them :dry: ) were pretty clean as well, so you really did a very good job!

No right hand in the video.....hmmm...I can live with that, but I am a sucker for just being able to see someone's face...so, next time maybe?? No pressure! :P

Very well done Scott, great to see how you instantly jumped aboard over here, best thing you can do!

Cheers

Vanessa

Lavallee

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:11 am

Great first post Scott, not familiar with this song from Aerosmith, but you look and in control of your playing. Looking forward to your next video.

Marc

michelew

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 am

That was magic Scott. It sounded great.

My gosh, if that's what you sound like just starting out and rusty, you're going to be simply amazing once Neil gives you his guru wisdom.

And a big HI from Sydney.

That's a great way to start your TG journey.

Michele

skaladar

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 am

Hiya Scott,

Now, here we have a man who jumps in with both feet. I really like that!

Sorry I didn’t get to welcome you in your intro … didn’t have much of a chance to :-) … So here’s a welcome to TG from the Baked Apple *waves from NYC*

I really liked your video. As others have mentioned, if you consider that rusty I can’t wait to see what you can do when given the time to polish something up a bit. A great tune played very well if you ask me. Yea, webcam audio may not always be up to par but there are both software and hardware solutions for that. The good thing is that you wasted no time getting something posted. Just like playing the guitar you learn and improve by doing so the more you post the better they tend to be. Oh yes, confirming you are indeed the owner of a right hand is pretty much a requirement. The head is optional but always a good idea because headless guitar players tend to be severely lacking when it comes to vocals (I’m kidding of course).

Thanks again for sharing your video. I know you’re going to be an asset to the TG community!

♫ Ken ♫

BigBear

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Scott- really well done!! If you can play anything by Joe Perry you are doing well. He is a very gifted gutarist and his pieces aren't easy to play. You did a really nice job.

Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

MarkM

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Scott,

Love this song and you did it justice. Really well played and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

MarkM

dsmarion

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 am

Hey Mark,

I loved this song from the first time I heard it. Wish I had a voice for it - tough to do ST.

Scott

testtg

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic