Busking Aerosmith

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 pm

This is really only a test to see how this all works here. This is a shortened version of Seasons of Wither. I am really rusty lol. Still I hope you enjoy it.

Scott

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Scott, I think it was well played. The only thing I would suggest is that you make sure both hands are visible.

dennisg

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Scott, very nice job for your first upload. Smooth picking, good, consistent tempo. It would have been nice to see your right hand, just to, you know, make confirm that you have one.

BobR

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Scott,

If that is rusty, then I want to be a bit rusty too :laugh: I thought it came out really nice. Like Daryl and Dennis said it's good if we can see both hands.

Is that in standard tuning?

Bob

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 pm

BobR wrote:
Scott,

If that is rusty, then I want to be a bit rusty too :laugh: I thought it came out really nice. Like Daryl and Dennis said it's good if we can see both hands.

Is that in standard tuning?

Bob
Hi Bob,

Yes standard tuning, nothing fancy going on there. Not really a hard song to learn. Sorry about my webcam ineptness - I will pay more attention next time :-)

Regards, Scott

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:53 pm

dennisg wrote:
Scott, very nice job for your first upload. Smooth picking, good, consistent tempo. It would have been nice to see your right hand, just to, you know, make confirm that you have one.
Thanks Dennis - yes I do have two hards lol.

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 pm

daryl wrote:
Scott, I think it was well played. The only thing I would suggest is that you make sure both hands are visible.
Thanks daryl,

Ahhh, great point. I didn't really think about it and I never really tried recording anything with my webcam before. The sound is tinny that's for sure. Wish I had more of a studio setup. Alas that will be a while.

Regards, Scott

lueders

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:58 pm

WOW!! Sounded great to me, Scott. Nice clear tone and overall very fluid. I thought you did a nice job of going between the picking bits and the barre chord grips and back...in other words, I thought you had nice seamless transitions. You had real good technique. Very well done!! Gonna have to check this song out! Welcome!!! :)

Cori

daryl

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Scott, Check out these 2 free audio editors (I personally like Reaper). They each have lots of effects to "fatten" (and/or otherwise enhance) your audio:

http://www.reaper.fm

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Scott, it's great that you dive in here with a video so soon after you posted an introduction thread.

You said you are rusty ... yeah ... sure ... right.

But I can tell you did it blindfolded and also with one arm tied behind your back, which is the reason for the funny video framing: (no head, no right arm).

See ? We weren't born yesterday, you know :)

I really enjoyed that, will look up the original.

Thanks,
Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic