Busking J.S. Bach

kelemenj

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Prelude in D Minor
Seemed like a good time to revisit this after Neil's lesson. Although I chickened out on his very cool option for measures 31-35, I did implement the rest his fingering suggestions. I never tire of this piece. It works slow or fast. It can be done with a strict or loose rhythm. Even though this is generally introduced early in a guitarist's repertoire, it can be improved upon, experimented with, and enjoyed for a lifetime.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

TGNeil

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:02 am

Hey John,

First of all, good to see you again my friend. Second, I have always loved seeing the passion and enjoyment you get out of playing. That is something everybody can aspire to. Your take on the Prelude is great! Having said that, I think you have overestimated the difficulty of the measures in question and with a little focused work you could master them, which would make them consistent with the story you have been telling with all the others. For me, those hammer-ons make me cringe and completely destroy the flow. The rearrangement of string order will feel natural with less reps than you think. Put just a little time into it and reevaluate when you can.
Another approach I found better than the hammers was to just articulate every note. At least consider that but seriously try the cross-string approach I proposed.

Keep us posted and stay in touch,

Neil

daryl

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:46 am

John, I am super IMPRESSED. Nice nice nice. Like some one else always says, "BRAVO". Keep posting.

willem

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm

John,,fantastic..

Willem

jayswett

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Wow. Very impressive.

BobR

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi John,

Now that was terrific :)

Thanks for sharing