Yamaha48

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 pm

What a lot of fun together.
And the song have a good rithem.
I like it,hope to see more of this.

cheers..........Anton

reiver

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:36 pm

I have to agree - that was a lot of fun. But also highly accomplished. Really enjoyed this latest one from the two of you. Great stuff.

Stuart

dekotaj

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey Guys,

Great song man.I'm going to have to check them out, not heard of them before.

Old farmhouse in Maquoketa, IA.Heck that's only about 30 miles south of me on the other side of the Mississippi.WE use to go there and check out the Caves( watch out for the bats)And it maybe the last town around that has a drive-in-movie.For those that are to young,That's the only way to check out a great movie and a great date(did I just type that).How many people fit in the trunk of a 1964 SS Chevy???I'll never tell.Great tune guys thank you.

Kevin

jayswett

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 am

Wow. That was amazing. Great setup, great playing. Really enjoyed that.

Hydroman52

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 am

Anton and Stuart – Glad you enjoyed it. Hope there is something in there that’s useable to you guys.

Kevin – You live in the same town as the Daytrotter studios. Well, it’s actually Rock Island, one of the Quad Cities. I really like their business model. Here is a good article if you don’t already know about them:

Daytrotter article

I don’t think they’ve changed their philosophy about music since then. I see that they will be having the Barnstormer 5 concert in Maquoketa again this year. It will be on September 3rd and you can learn more about it here:

Barnstormer 5 info.

Actually, the Barnstormer concerts travel throughout the mid-west and all the way to the east coast, now. Tickets for the Maquoketa concert are only $20 in advance. Looks like a fun time in a barn.

Years ago, I did some work in Anamosa just to the west of Maquoketa and took a day to check out some small caves along the “Big Wapsi” River. It’s beautiful country in that area, and the people are too good to be true. I can’t remember, but is this area where they repave most of the rural roads with a road grader, because they’re mostly gravel?

Thanks for watching our video and for the slice of rural Iowa.

Hey, Jay – Thanks for watching. We really enjoyed playing it, too.

Hydroman52

dekotaj

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 am

Hydro.
Hey brother whats your name?Yes i have heard of Daytrotter and Barnstormer.Not been to barn concert yet.I should check one out,Maybe this year??Anamosa,Yep had some friends of mine get a all expense paid vacation there from the state of Iowa.3 to 5 if you no what I mean??

ROAD GRADERS.That big city stuff.Around here we just put a piece of chain link fence behind our pick-ups throw a couple of cinder blocks on top and drive up and down the road after a good rain.Smooths them right out.LOL

Tell your buddy great stuff on the songs.
Kevin

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 pm

I too like your off-the-radar selection of songs that you take on.
That looked (and sounded) like a blast to play! You guys nailed it, for sure.

I could totally listen to Dawes, or YOU play that in a bar somewhere.
Have you two ever thought of doing an open mic night?

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi! Dro! Man!

I'm very glad for you that you can have this playing experience regularly enough (I think) ... which may be how often ?

A good technical setup is great, but of course you gotta be able to use it right and have something to show, and man, I like this :)

Pierre

Lavallee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am

You guys are making a great team. What ever you play always come nice and entertaining. I did not know about Dawes but you sure made a good introduction of them. I am pretty sure you made the description somewhere but how do you create a drum track? You probably explained it somewhere but I cannot find it. If you have a link from the forum on how you do that, I would appreciate it. I noticed you start with the metronome because the drum does not start right away, good idea.

Marc

BobR

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 am

Great tune guys. Playing and singing. The harmonies were cooool! !! ! I will definitely check them out.

Thanks for the look

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic