Busking American Pie

suziko

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:57 am

Nice job, Pete! I recently played this for some friends at a sing-along as our evening closer. It was such a blast. I've always loved this song so much.

One bit of advice: on the D chord in the chorus (where you sing "Pie" the first time around), try starting on an up: up, up down up. Adds a little variety to the strum and sounds really cool.

Nice voice, too!

Suzi

reiver

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:22 am

Pete - really nice to see such steady improvement from you. This song is an old favourite of mine and I thought you really did it justice. Enjoyed that a lot.

Stuart

abiliog

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Aaah way to go Pete!

I like the way you remain so calm (at least it looks like that ;) ) and how you just get through the whole song, wich is indeed a lóng one! :blink:

Good job Pete, it was nice and I sang along with you, thanks for sharing!

Ness

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow Pete! Way to take on that monster of a song- especially before viewing Neil's lesson!
Looking forward to a post-lesson update to see what you change..

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Pete, if I asked my own kids, they would sympathize with yours (meaning mid-80's to mid-90's) :silly:

But tunes like this are what kept me playing at least some guitar back then, of course having a whale of a good time :P

I haven't seen Neil's lesson yet ... but I'll soon look into it and I will follow the straight and narrow along with you ...

Really enjoyed this honest, sincere video !

Pierre

abiliog

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 am

Pete,
You put put a big smile on my face, the size of joy you share while playing this song.
Thank you for sharing,
Abilio

Lavallee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Pete, really enjoyed your singing, very emotional and your strumming is solid.

Marc

BobR

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Pete,

Sorry I tried this here at work and the video never came up. I'll try it later at home.

Bob

So, I am at home now and the video works just fine. Way to go Pete :woohoo: :woohoo: Long song and you hung right in there.

Thanks for sharing

Yamaha48

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Pete.

Good to see you,with a song from long time ago.
From the 70's ?? 1974 we have piret stations.
Radio Norht sea and Veronica (music stations on a ship).
The end of the piret stations,and the song the day the music dey (American pie).
You do a good job my friend,with the long song.
I like your style.

thanks for sharing.

cheers...........Anton

pbraun

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am

Well I am sorry for not getting to respond to this until now. In my job back to school is a killer I have worked 3 weeks straight with out a day off and what seems like only hours in between those. Took the day off today so I am a bit rested to go another week or so again, then it will wind down.
Thanks to everyone who watched this and those who commented. I am looking forward to learning Neils lesson and work on improvements. Most times while learning a song I will listen to it over and over in the car. I found out while learning this that I did not have it on CD, so I fixed that this morning!

Chris- yeah it's a long one wasn't sure it would even take it

Daryl- yep 3 sheets long, not sure how much I needed it for the lyrics but certainly for the chord changes

Lueders- Thanks it was a lot of fun!

Bud- Thanks so much

Scott The cheat sheets are a must

Kevin- This song always takes me back to a special place

Willem- thanks!-Talk about work, those new uploads must take a ton of time, and the new guitar is sounding great!

Jay- aahh yes the G, it is time, it is not that I don't try but you see the results. While learning I am the Walrus I did change the A to Neils way, and it seemed to happen naturally, hopefully the G will happen too!

Tony- Thanks
Suzi- I'll try that, thanks for the tip

Stuart- Thanks a lot!

Ness- Thanks, it is a sing a long kind of song! Waiting for your next video!

Al- I will work on the lesson soon I hope!

Pierre- Thanks, I thinks the kids were ok hearing it one more time!

Abilio- Thanks for watching!

Marc- Thank You!

Bob- Glad it worked at home, it was alot of fun to learn this song

Anton- Thanks-are those cruise ships that would broadcast the radio? Also great to see you getting Jasper into guitar, what a great way to enjoy time together with him, very special!

Again thanks everyone, see you all soon
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic