Busking American Pie

pbraun

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:48 pm

I learned this song just a few weeks ago. I did it mainly for my kids who had to endure my playing it until their ears bled one summer in the mid 80's. As a kid in high school it caught my Dads fancy and he was always playing it as well( on the record player). It has always been a favorite song of mine, catchy and the trying to guess the meanings of all of it. I didn't post it because its so long, but now that we have a lesson on it I will. I haven't had time to watch the whole lesson yet and probably won't for a few weeks, it is my busy time of the year in my business. But when it settles down, I will watch the lesson and post it in the lesson review, I know I will learn a lot from it. I always find it hard to re-learn the right way, but I have to do this one, So anyway, here it is...
Pete

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:02 pm

The whole 10 yards! Great fun Pete! I was wondering who was overloading the Busking up-loader ;-).

daryl

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:18 pm

What a fun song! Can you sing it without a cheat sheet? Great job!

lueders

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Great JOB, Pete!!! :laugh:

I thought was just great! You can tell that song means something to you...by how emotively you played & sang it!
You do I great job on a lot of those accents. The G>C>G changes could be a little more fluid but everything else sounded EXCELLENT!! LOVED IT. (IN ALL HONESTY!!) Rock on PETE!!!

Great job.

buddy

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Way to go Pete, A classic tune from a classy guy !

dsmarion

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow, a really great song from the past. I remember this being such a huge hit at the time and it still sounds great today. Really nice job Pete, especially with such a long song and a ton of verses (my money is down on you absolutely needing the cheat sheet - I know I would).

Scott

dekotaj

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Pete.YES YES YES Sir,

What a great tune.Cant say what I was doing the first time I heard this fantastic song.Not sure the statue of limitations is up yet!!LOL!!!!Thank you so very much,what a joy to hear!!!

Kevin

willem

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 am

Pete,,you really earn that beer after the 8 minutes of this, i would almost called it a medley,such a long song and you got it really in you..thanks

WOW,,BRAVO,,,WOW

jayswett

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:44 am

Well played and sung. In terms of constructive criticism, I would only point out the obvious that you might find it easier to play the song using the G chord fingering recommended by Neil. It seems to me that your guitar skills have progressed to the point that tackling that fingering of the G chord with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th fingers would be to your benefit. Yes, it's a pain in the ass at first, but well worth the time and effort. Having seen many videos of yours over the last two years, I think the time has come to make the change.

tovo

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:23 am

Pete man that is one LONG tune. Good on you for the video, always like to see your stuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic