Busking Steve Howe

skaladar

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Scott,

Ah Steve Howe. How he does love those double hammer-ons and pull-offs. Well, needless to say this got my vote. I’d love to see it as a lesson. I think you did a great job of it Scott. I also think you’re being a bit rough on yourself. Since your fine introduction you’ve been talking of relearning the guitar the right way as if you were playing it upside down or something. Okay, I exaggerate. Sure you may want to refine some techniques and the like but who doesn’t? From all that I’ve seen you shouldn’t have far to go. I’ve really enjoyed all you’ve shared so far even if I didn’t get a chance to comment on everything. Please keep them coming.

♫ Ken ♫

Lavallee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 am

Hi Scott, excellent work on this challenging song. I have been working on it for a long time and I cannot get the run downs to have the speed you are getting. Your electric guitar experience must help a lot here. As you mentioned that part you are not playing is very similar to the first part, just a few differences. I also noticed that you are not playing the same version as I (just a few changes (like the harmonics)). I am pretty sure he made quite a few few variations so he did not get bored. Anyway I think you are doing a great job on it

I also hope there will be a lesson . I had voted for it when it came out.

Marc

dsmarion

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm

- Marc
Sorry almost missed your post. Yes the parts in the version I do are a mix of the studio and some of the bits of what he does in different live versions. So it definitely is a hybrid. Also my flow of it is nothing like the timing he uses. He is hard to copy on that - but then again I think the title allows for my mood to be incorporated into it lol.

- Ken
Well ok, not upside down or anything (funny you should say that, I have a friend that plays a right-handed guitar left handed - no reversed strings - hard to teach that)

Thanks for the nice comments.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic