Busking Bread

Craig

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks George. I appreciate your kind words, especially coming from someone who plays those songs so well. I've tried to play along with yours and Al's versions, it helps me a lot with timing.

Craig

willem

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 am

On this moment one of my favo busking thread to play along and study with,,on page 3 Al did a fine job on ''everything I own'' and i think it would for me the first Bread song to nail intime..

Thanks AL,,

the key you are in is F ???

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:38 am

willem wrote:
On this moment one of my favo busking thread to play along and study with,,on page 3 Al did a fine job on ''everything I own'' and i think it would for me the first Bread song to nail intime..

Thanks AL,,

Hi Willem,

I'm glad you're enjoying my version/upload.
I don't know a lot about keys (yet?)- but it sounds like putting the capo on the 3rd fret and playing a D chord does give you an F.
Does that make it the key the song is in?

Thanks in advance to others more knowledgable in theory to jump in and explain...

willem

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 am

AcousticAl wrote:
willem wrote:

Thanks AL,,

Hi Willem,

I'm glad you're enjoying my version/upload.
I don't know a lot about keys (yet?)- but it sounds like putting the capo on the 3rd fret and playing a D chord does give you an F.
Does that make it the key the song is in?

Thanks in advance to others more knowledgable in theory to jump in and explain...

Neil teaches us in the key Of D,,3 half steps up = F (D#-E-F),,I bought me a songbook ''greatest hits'' by Bread,in that book it is also in F but that aint the key Bread did right? Neil said capo on 7.. and think in D...I find the key of F is do able..but man how High did they sing which range had the man,,well it would be in the key of A,,Still wondering in which octave they really sang...A4 or A5,,I dunno..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic