Busking Bread

MarkM

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:52 am

Craig,

Very nice indeed!! I think this was your best as well. Great clear tone you got on this recording. I'm really impressed with your playing on this one. Thanks for sharing and its great to see another video from you.

MarkM

Craig

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 am

Bob, Thanks for watching and your support. I always appreciate it.

Tom, Thanks. I might have to recruit Claire to sing for me! :)

Al, My fellow CBFU member, Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe a CBFU collaboration someday?

Kevin, I agree on setting things aside for awhile and coming back to them usually helps me. It's a little smoother and a little bit fresher. Plus, I think my family is relieved...they don't have to listen to the same song for months at a time! :laugh:
Born and raised in San Diego makes me a lifelong Chargers and Padres fan. That means I've become very patient and can deal with frustration in a healthy way!! :laugh:

Willem, The Bread songs are beautiful. I'm happy that you are going to take a look at them!

Scott, It's just a Sony Camcorder type thing. Luckily the guitar puts out good sound so I don't have to go buy recording equipment.
I can get around the finger problem when strumming by strategically missing some strings, but the barre chord fingerpicking songs are tougher. Thanks for the positive comments.

Marc, Thank you. Saying it's my best so far means a lot to me. Also I really appreciate your "nice rhythm" comment because that is something that I've really tried to improve on.

Suzi, Thanks for watching. I'm not giving up on the goal to sing someday, but these Bread songs are just way too much for me. A collaboration is a good idea though, thanks. I though I might get a "Packers" comment from you due to my Chargers shirt!! :laugh:

MJ, I'm glad to find another Bread fan! I appreciate your comments on looking more relaxed. It's only taken me two years to get over the "video nerves". My next project is John Lennon's "Oh My Love". It's a beautiful song and definately challenging me!

Mark M, Thanks for watching and your positive feedback. I appreciate it!

buddy

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Craig, Really glad you had time to shake the dust of and put this tune up. You have made a lot progress on this tune and it sound really solid. Super work on this !

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Craig, that was real sweet ... just missing a slight fluidity but very close, almost there.
A very good sustained effort, I guess that with practice your playing stamina is increasing.
I think the word "sweet" applies especially to Bread and David Gates: great for playing after supper, like a dessert.
Thanks for letting me rediscover that melody.

Pierre

Craig

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:44 am

Buddy, Thanks for the kind words. They are all a work in progress, but getting a little closer all of the time!
Craig

Pierre, Thanks for watching. Your "fluidity" comment hits home because something I found challenging on this tune was that you have to play some "common" chords with different fingering in order to be able to reach the next note. I found it ironic that after finally reaching a stage in my playing that I can paly open chords blindfolded, without thinking... I had to think about different fingering which messed with fluidity for sure.
I'm happy we could both share songs this week!
Craig

tovo

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 am

Hey Craig! I've been in the desert for a week and have some catching up to do. Great work mate, I notice a sudden leap in your playing (I know it's not sudden to you but it is to the observer) so well done, your hard work is paying off.

michelew

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:16 am

Hey Craig,

That was really beautiful. I really enjoyed it. A lot. You look really relaxed and like you've got it under control. Your hard work sure has paid off.

Sorry for the tardy response. I've been living on planet "Working-too-hard-and not having-a-life", border control sure is tough. I keep losing my passport.

Now I want to give this song a go too.

I have only one suggestion. How about some vocals? If people are prepared to put up with my screechy attempts you should be just fine. Of course you could always encourage a phantom to join you if you can't stomach the idea.

Really nice work.

Michele

michelew

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:19 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Craig! I've been in the dessert for a week and have some catching up to do. Great work mate, I notice a sudden leap in your playing (I know it's not sudden to you but it is to the observer) so well done, your hard work is paying off.
In the dessert mate? Which one? Chocolate moose? I really could go for a week in chocolate moose, especially if it has raspberries in it too. Hmmmmm.... niiiiiiice ...B) :P :kiss:

Shel

tovo

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 am

michelew wrote:
tovo wrote:
Hey Craig! I've been in the dessert for a week and have some catching up to do. Great work mate, I notice a sudden leap in your playing (I know it's not sudden to you but it is to the observer) so well done, your hard work is paying off.
In the dessert mate? Which one? Chocolate moose? I really could go for a week in chocolate moose, especially if it has raspberries in it too. Hmmmmm.... niiiiiiice ...B) :P :kiss:

Shel
Thanks spelling monitor!! :laugh: (fixed it btw! Thanks!)

michelew

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:34 am

Sorry mate B) the idea of you spending a week in a dessert just tickled me ya big ogre. I mean your kind love mud right?. Chocolate moose, mud...same, same only yummier. No? B) :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic