Busking Bread

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 am

Opps, I was MIA on this one Craig, I must apologizes!

Everyone has already said how good it was, and it does stand out as your best post... you are really getting to grips with your guitar.
I hope you spend some time with this one in front of TV idly playing it out with your attention else where... then you will have the flow all smoothed out and the final polish will shine. Great work!

suziko

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am

I had a giggle about Tony being in a dessert as well, Shel. Tony, are you the surprise that comes out of the top of someone's special birthday cake? Who's the lucky girl? :)

Craig

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Tony, I appreciate the compliment on the improvement. I'm happy that it's noticable to someone! lol

Michele, Thank you. I appreciate the "relaxed" comment. I still get a slight case of "camera nerves", but not near as bad as when I first started posting! I'm glad it shows through a little bit. Many people suggested the vocals as well, I'm not against singing in general, but these David Gates' songs are out of my league for sure! Maybe a collaboration is in order? Thanks again.

Chris, Thanks for the positive feedback. Funny you should mention the playing mindlessly. I have been doing that with some songs lately while watching a football/baseball game and have noticed how much smoother I'm getting with those!

P.S. I'm so happy to hear from the three of you! It made my day. You three have been amongst my most supportive group from the very start...even when I was posting crap! lol So when I didn't hear from you folks, I started to wonder... Thanks again!

tovo

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

suziko wrote:
I had a giggle about Tony being in a dessert as well, Shel. Tony, are you the surprise that comes out of the top of someone's special birthday cake? Who's the lucky girl? :)
Still the same girl Suzi and she might dispute being labelled lucky! :laugh: (sorry for the little hijack Craig)

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:02 pm

"Diary" with vocals.
Actually recorded this a while ago. I've always liked the song and was inspired to learn it after Craig's upload.
Still too high for me even though I lowered the tuning! Gave it the old college-try though ;)

Cheers!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Just magic Al,,wonderful...i wonder what mike you use 'cos when you turned away from you can't hear it,,the sound stay's good on that..

overal you have a fine(good) sound on it,,maybe you can explain again the how you did it,,

thanks,,again just wonderful,,is on my agenda,very long agenda..

Willem

daryl

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Wow. Fantastic harmonies! Very very impressive. Is the tuning down a whole step?

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 pm

willem wrote:
Just magic Al,,wonderful...i wonder what mike you use 'cos when you turned away from you can't hear it,,the sound stay's good on that..

overal you have a fine(good) sound on it,,maybe you can explain again the how you did it,,

Willem
Hey thanks, Willem.

I've talked about the mic on here before. It's a Seinnheiser e835. Great dynamic, sensitive mic and not too expensive ($100-$125).

How do I multi-track?
I record one pass on the MicroBR with vocals and guitar. Then I record another track (or two) with harmonies- depending on what I want to add.

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm

daryl wrote:
Wow. Fantastic harmonies! Very very impressive. Is the tuning down a whole step?

Thanks Birthday Boy!!

Sorry- I don't even know how low I tuned it down.
Over to you, Neil?

:)

willem

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:33 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
willem wrote:

Willem
Hey thanks, Willem.

I've talked about the mic on here before. It's a Seinnheiser e835. Great dynamic, sensitive mic and not too expensive ($100-$125).

How do I multi-track?
I record one pass on the MicroBR with vocals and guitar. Then I record another track (or two) with harmonies- depending on what I want to add.

I was really wondering a baut the mike,,i saw you turned away with your mouth and it picked up the singin.. but i know now you record it with the MicrBR,and that is always a better sound to put on the vid,,i must go back on that...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic