Busking Boss micro BR/ song used ''mad world''

willem

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 am

Hi TG,, i started me a litlle project with the use from the Boss micro BR...song i used is ''mad world'' but only acompanniment

I record at the same time video and with the Boss micro BR,, recorded on two tracks with a litlle reverb and with the build in mike ,,then converted the acompannimennt to Mp3 and downloaded in my computer
video was taken with a webcam what for me works a litlle easer for this time then with the kodak cam i have.
I put the vid in AVS editing program and muted the sound on the vid
Then i put the Mp3 to the track were it belongs and tryed or figure out how to syncopate with the guitar movements in the video,,this was what the project was a baut for me so far.

Now i got to go thinkin what i can add more to the other tracks from the micro BR,,,of course the singin but i think more a baut other ........????

On a certain moment you see some lyrics added but that was more for were the music is,,,

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 am

Wow Willem, I think this is your nicest playing video. Very nice fingerpicking, smooth as silk.

Marc

daryl

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 am

Nice. Now you need to add a 2nd part of some sort....

lueders

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 am

Great job, on Mad world, Willem!! Love that tune!! When ya gonna sing it? Nice steady finger picking there ace...
I think maybe you should add some vocals and then post it in a busking thread under Gary Jules or Tears For
Fears...just a thought. Good JOB WILLEM! B)

Lavallee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 am

That was very nice fingerpicking Willem, sounded smooth indeed!

You haven't asked for advice (so I'm sorry that I do), but I've heard you play this one before and noticed some timingissues, and in this recording I noticed it again wich is the following: The intro, you don't play it in the same tempo as the verses (het is niet in verhouding met elkaar), you play it slower. And during the intro you slow down as well or you suddenly speed up... cutting out a beat here and there (like the 3th measure), or waiting too long for the next beat...also starting this particular part of the song áfter the chorus, you come in to fast..

So for that you need to count really carefully, play along with someone (I remember Stuart uploaded this song some time ago). If you got the timing right, it'll all sound very good!

I'm sorry if I gave you advice if you weren't looking for that, I just really want you to play this right, that's all..

Ness

willem

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:16 am

nesh16041972 wrote:

You haven't asked for advice (so I'm sorry that I do), but I've heard you play this one before and noticed some timingissues, and in this recording I noticed it again wich is the following: The intro, you don't play it in the same tempo as the verses (het is niet in verhouding met elkaar), you play it slower. And during the intro you slow down as well or you suddenly speed up... cutting out a beat here and there (like the 3th measure), or waiting too long for the next beat...also starting this particular part of the song áfter the chorus, you come in to fast..

So for that you need to count really carefully, play along with someone (I remember Stuart uploaded this song some time ago). If you got the timing right, it'll all sound very good!

I'm sorry if I gave you advice if you weren't looking for that, I just really want you to play this right, that's all..

Ness

Hi Vanessa,,in first place your so welcome!!! second,i sure want play it right,,but i was not aware of speed changin(slow intro,speed up in the versus,,slow down in the same riff as the intro:so i understand you),,today it came spontanous to try it,,(Stuart did a instrumental),my sheet say's 88bpm and i tryed to make a intro or riff from a piano sheet and very happy with it till now,, we are on a learning site and maybe it is ''open season'' again you are very welcome and we shall talk a baut it,,, :blush: B) :laugh: :ohmy: ;)

ps i had some nervus too.. i noticed i made mistakes in the intro cq riff..

EDIT: What i understand from the intro on my sheet,,it is 4 measers,,the first one is written in eightnotes,,the second in quarters,,the third in eights,,the fourt in quarters on the quartes i try to play them as quarters but do that not right...

willem

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am

Hmmmm.....sheets....sheets....

Listen to the original Willem, well it's a Tears for Fears-cover done by Gary Jules of course, and just play along! ;)

'Open season'.......hmmm....'learning site'......hmmmm.....am quite confused about that nowadays....but I'm glad you take it the right way Willem, I for sure mean well...!

willem wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Ness

Hi Vanessa,,in first place your so welcome!!! second,i sure want play it right,,but i was not aware of speed changin(slow intro,speed up in the versus,,slow down in the same riff as the intro:so i understand you),,today it came spontanous to try it,,(Stuart did a instrumental),my sheet say's 88bpm and i tryed to make a intro or riff from a piano sheet and very happy with it till now,, we are on a learning site and maybe it is ''open season'' again you are very welcome and we shall talk a baut it,,, :blush: B) :laugh: :ohmy: ;)

ps i had some nervus too.. i noticed i made mistakes in the intro cq riff..

dennisg

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Willem,

That sounded just beautiful. That's was probably the nicest and smoothest playing I've seen from you.

willem

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for all the good words,, i tryed to make a litlle project(ain't finished yet) to figure out the micro BR and some editing but i think i was to quick with the upload and knew i did not count(i didnt count at all) well on the intro and the same thing after the chorusses,,but i can start over and add some other stuff (a cello part for guitar??,,Mmm no to much i think,but i keep thinkin)..

BobR

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Willem,

I have heard this song but can't comment on your timing. Once you get your timing I'd like to see your next post. The sound was really nice and clear by the way.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic