Busking Cure

michelew

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Cori,

Nice to see you working on this song. It's a great one. I love it too.

I wasn't aware of it until I heard Adele's version which I love, actually I love her live bossa nova version even more. I will learn it sometime.

I can't wait to hear this again when you've incorporated the Baron-ness of Musicality's advice (nice one). What a generous and sweet soul she is. I expect Neil will start making her 'TG deputy teaching guru' badge soon. :)

Looking forward to the next version. Great song.

Michele

lueders

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks Michele, yeah that Vanessa sure went Over & Above with her generosity!! :) :) That is FOR SURE!!!
I like both the Adele & Tori Amos versions of this song. (HUGE Tori- fan.) But for me the ultimate version is the
original by the cure.

Random Thought: Michele do you like Nora Jones? I would think that you would? (since you like Adele so much)

Craig

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Cori,
I just got home from work and had an 80's flashback! :laugh: Great song choice and really good effort on your part. I enjoyed it. I look forward to some more The Cure tunes from those of you that sing!
Craig

suziko

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Holy, Cow I am gonna go back & watch this like a ga-zlion, ba-dillion times!!!!!

Wow, you and me both, Cori! Ness, that was REALLY nice thing to do. As someone who is quite vocally challenged, I can say that this sort of help is just amazing. Really, really nice of you, Ness! Not that I'm surprised!!

I've never heard the Adele version, but I really love Robert Smith's voice, so I'm not sure I'd like anyone else's version quite as much. I've heard covers of some of their other songs (such as Ivy's cover of Let's Go to Bed), but I never like them as much as the original.

dennisg

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

You know, Ness, I've come to expect helpful comments and generosity from you -- but your videos for Cori take it all to a new level. You're a beautiful person, a major talent as a performer, and I'm glad our paths crossed at this particular time in our lives.

dsmarion

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 pm

dennisg wrote:
You know, Ness, I've come to expect helpful comments and generosity from you -- but your videos for Cori take it all to a new level. You're a beautiful person, a major talent as a performer, and I'm glad our paths crossed at this particular time in our lives.
I couldn't agree more!

michelew

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:49 am

lueders wrote:
Thanks Michele, yeah that Vanessa sure went Over & Above with her generosity!! :) :) That is FOR SURE!!!
I like both the Adele & Tori Amos versions of this song. (HUGE Tori- fan.) But for me the ultimate version is the
original by the cure.

Random Thought: Michele do you like Nora Jones? I would think that you would? (since you like Adele so much)
Cori I do like Nora Jones actually. I listened to her a fair bit a while ago. I don't tend to revisit her stuff much. Perhaps I should.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I get that when you're a big fan of a song other people's versions just don't cut it. No disrespect to the original intended. It's a great song.

M.

tombo1230

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 am

Michele: Haha, you crack me up! :laugh: Deputy whattuh??!! :laugh: But you're so sweet, thank you...! :blush:

Suzi: Thanks Suzi, I indeed hope that it is helpfull and so on, would be great if it is! :cheer: ;)

Dennis: :blush: :blush: .....lost at words...

Dsmarion: Hey Scott, gosh you made me smile big time, that's so sweet! Well I have to say that I very much enjoy the way you have jumped with both feet into TG and I appreciate all the supportive comments you make. I just noticed that you indeed joined the Targetprogram, great decision! ;) Thanks again Scott!

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 am

Nice job Vanessa! This is a new level in the way we interact with each other at TG.
Cori is going to be a happy as pig in a poke! :-)

lueders

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice job Vanessa! This is a new level in the way we interact with each other at TG.
Cori is going to be a happy as pig in a poke! :-)
Yep, I'm a rootin' and wallowin' the day away! LOL! :laugh: :laugh: SNORT!! SNORT

Thanks again, V!!!

I'll be singin like a songbird in no time...well, okay maybe not. But it is DEFINITELY helping!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic