RicksPick

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 am

Just caught this Cori
Nicley done
I thought the vid you put up was very good

RicksPick

rdaltry

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:16 pm

wow - how incredible for ness to put that up for you! great job all around and excellent song choice, arrangement, and overall performance!

ness is now an inspiration in more than just her playing and singing... 8-)

rd

tovo

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Wow just caught up with this thread again. Brilliant video from Ness, I so admire that ability to take a tune you don't even know and be able to offer such great assistance. Now I really do look forward to the update Cori I'm sure you will "knock it out of the park" (Whatever that means but I'm pretty sure it's good!)

lueders

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:36 pm

rdaltry wrote:
wow - how incredible for ness to put that up for you! great job all around and excellent song choice, arrangement, and overall performance!

ness is now an inspiration in more than just her playing and singing... 8-)

rd
rd,

Yes, what can you say about Vanessa? She's one of a kind. (Although, with modern science we can't rule out the possibility of some Vanessa-clones in the near future...lol! -JUST KIDDING CLONING IS KINDA CREEPY!)

Her videos were just off the charts! I mean, how cool was that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you liked the arrangement, performance, & song choice. Thanks for the kind words in that regard... :) :)

PS: I always thought Pete should have let you write more songs, back in the day; and I really like your vocals on Magic Bus. Also, I thought you did a good acting job in that Richard Grieco spy-spoof in the early nineties...ha,ha

Every time, I see your name & avatar it makes my day...sorry for the goofiness. (If your name really is Roger Daltrey, or by any chance, if you are THAT Roger Daltrey then I am sincerely sorry for my dumb jokes.)
If you are ANY "Roger Daltrey" congrats on a cool name. I DO know a couple of Jim Morrisons.

Cori

skaladar

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Boy am I late at commenting on this thread! TGIF and I actually see a tiny bit of free time ahead.

Cori, first I have to say that I just love your enthusiasm. It’s infectious. It’s also a pleasure to see.
You must be hoot to go to a concert or ballgame with! You family and friends are very lucky …

I think you did a super job with this. I love the way you arranged it. I mean you were all over the place, (in a good way) picking and strumming and fills and licks. I think you really captured the feel of the song and played it well. I hope you’re taking up Daryl’s generous offer of providing some drum loops. That should take care of any timing issues you may have when joining the different parts you’ve put into this. Speaking of generous offers …

Vanessa, it looks like I was on track with my comment on your Vincent upload about you being part Angel. However I did sell you short. At the time I was referring to your voice. It’s now clear (but no surprise) that you have the heart of an Angel as well. The clips you put up to help Cori with the vocals are outstanding and so very helpful … and not just for Cori. I learned more about the process of singing with the melody in those few minutes than I have in many hours of reading, watching clips and practicing. Once again you impress me. I don’t think you could get in front of a video camera and not be impressive.

I’m anxiously awaiting an update when you’ve had some time to digest all of this Cori. I know you’re going to nail it!

Thanks to everyone for this thread. So much help and good feeling going on it’s no wonder I love this place.

♫ Ken ♫

lueders

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 pm

tovo wrote:
Wow just caught up with this thread again. Brilliant video from Ness, I so admire that ability to take a tune you don't even know and be able to offer such great assistance. Now I really do look forward to the update Cori I'm sure you will "knock it out of the park" (Whatever that means but I'm pretty sure it's good!)
Definitely, I thought the same thing, Tony... But, maybe even more amazing than that was how QUICK she was able to just churn it out like that! I hope I knock it "outta the park," too.
(Hopefully it will be Kakadu or at least Yellowstone. lo!!l)No, I would settle for an infield single at this point.
If you don't like that expression you can say "bowl a wicked googly" if you would prefer. I kinda know what that means.lol!

Thanks Tony!

Yamaha48

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Cori.

Good to see this,and i love it my friend.
Yeh Vanessa is very loveley,and give a lot of help.
A lot of sharring in the house,that is why i love this site.
I know that you nail this song in no time.

thanks for sharring my friend.

cheers...from Holland..............Anton

willem

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm

The view times i met Vanessa(Nessie) i know see is blessed with musicality and the finest thing is she can share it and lead you to an higher level(you must work hard),, i hope i(we)meet her so much as possible..

An other thing i know(Cori) she can be persistent too,,
:laugh: :laugh: B)

lueders

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Ahh, Ken you got in there before I knew you were there...

Well, Gosh Ken I dunno what to say to that, but THANK YOU!
Thanks for that compliment...but you aren't too bad a fella yourself. INMHO.
(I will say I am TRULY blessed with great family and great friends...)

I am glad you thought the arrangements worked pretty well. I was glad most folks seemed to think the overall arrangements basically worked out okay. Especially weaving the baseline. Daryl's drums will definitely help with holding down the rhythm, helping keep the time, and filling out the sound... in that section where I am trying to splice those synth solo and the regular solo together.

All that you said about Vanessa,I emphatically, and enthusiastically agree with. We are running out of nice things to say about her but, she deserves all of the praise & accolades we can muster...I believe.

Glad you thought this was a positive thread. I think so too. And I agree, I love it here too.

lueders

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Anton & Willem...thanks guys!! Once again, Vanessa definitely rocks!!! I think she might have helped a lot of us with
her videos like Ken & Suzi both said. I appreciate each of you...as well as your help, support, & positive energy!!!

Thanks,

Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic