Busking Cure

lueders

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 am

suziko wrote:
Cori- I'll pm you with my email address so we can talk about this more w/o hijacking your thread!

Suzi
OkeeeDokiee!!

dennisg

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

I love that band! Great playing on one of my favorite Cure songs, Cori. Keep 'em coning.

lueders

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 am

dennisg wrote:
I love that band! Great playing on one of my favorite Cure songs, Cori. Keep 'em coning.
Wow, this is uncanny! :laugh: If I open a record store I am going into business with Dennis, Suzi, & Tony for sure!!!
Thanks, Dennis!!! Glad you liked the playing!!
If you have any singing advice I would love to pick your brain one of these days. Thanks, again!

BobR

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Cori,

Not knowing the Cure very well I am glad you added the video. I think you're well on your way and I didn't think your vocals were bad at all.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

lueders

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 am

Jason,

I'm sorry man, I didn't see you there, before. :(

Yeah, "Just like Heaven" & "Pictures of You" BOTH great!!!! I forgot to mention "Pictures of You" before...yeah it is
right up there for me too. Those are my top three for sure!!! And "Friday" aint too shabby either.

Thank you for the nice things you had to say about the riffs and licks. I appreciate it!

What are you working on these days? Since I feel like you and I bonded over STAR WARS way back when.. I wanna
run this idea by you...wouldn't it be hilarious if someone did American Pie with Weird Al's Star Wars Saga lyrics?
Or, someone could do Lola as YODA, also like Weird Al did...What do you think? Since both those songs are in the
Target program maybe someone will do that one of these days.

Anyways, sorry about the tangent

Thanks again Jason! :) :)

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

lueders wrote:
Jason,

I'm sorry man, I didn't see you there, before. :(

Yeah, "Just like Heaven" & "Pictures of You" BOTH great!!!! I forgot to mention "Pictures of You" before...yeah it is
right up there for me too. Those are my top three for sure!!! And "Friday" aint too shabby either.

Thank you for the nice things you had to say about the riffs and licks. I appreciate it!

What are you working on these days? Since I feel like you and I bonded over STAR WARS way back when.. I wanna
run this idea by you...wouldn't it be hilarious if someone did American Pie with Weird Al's Star Wars Saga lyrics?
Or, someone could do Lola as YODA, also like Weird Al did...What do you think? Since both those songs are in the
Target program maybe someone will do that one of these days.

Anyways, sorry about the tangent

Thanks again Jason! :) :)
The Weird Al parody of American Pie is one of my favorites of his! My kids just listen and laugh like crazy whenever it comes on their IPod... :)

I am always all over the place..... :( I have a nice video camera and I received the recording software for Father's Day, so I am trying to record video and mix it with the audio from the program. Neat, but slow learning curve for me.... :)

I am placing the final touches on my transcription of 100 Years by Five for Fighting. This one was fun. The main portion of the song was pretty easy, but trying to capture the piano intro for guitar was tricky for me. I think I have it tabbed out well enough, but the playing part is coming along slower.... B)

MJ

TGCheryle

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Alright Cori, I'm on it, give me a minute or two! :P

Ness

Craig

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi Cori,

In the first video, I just played along with you (first part of the song) and hope you can hear where the spots are that you're in pitch or when you're not. In the second video I go over the notes wich need to be sung.

Hope that helps! :) .........and if it doesn't then just forget about all of it! :P

Ness

lueders

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 pm

VANESSA, OH, MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't what to say? This is the nicest most thoughtful thing in the world, you could have done for a tone-deaf person like me!!!! When I asked for help, I never expected in my wildest dreams I would get not ONE but TWO, full-blown lessons!!! SPEECHLESS HERE!!! BIGTIME SERIOUSLY!!! And you're so cute in there with your BIG smile almost all the way through that second one...(they must have good dental care in Holland.)
How much time must this have taken you to put together? I feel like I SHOULD DEFINITELY paying you for THIS $$$

Anyways, I sure hope you can feel my appreciation across the drink!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!
:) :) Words don't come close to describing it...

Holy, Cow I am gonna go back & watch this like a ga-zlion, ba-dillion times!!!!! I am gonna, WORK, WORK, WORK @ this now. I'll post again later on, hopefully you will hear some improvement.lol! (No, you will hear some I think because your videos are excellent!!!!! This is PRICELESS!!! INVALUABLE!!!!

THANKS BIG-TIME FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I understand what you are saying about the intervals. Forgot to mention that before...

tgjameela

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Smiling smiling smiling smiling smiling SMILING SMILING BIG TIME over here! :) :laugh: :P ;) :cheer: :lol: :woohoo: :laugh: :P ;) :cheer:

You're so very very welcome and I really hope you can get something out of it, and yep make sure you show us!! ;)

I can be persistent as well you know! :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers to you my friend!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic