Busking Lynyrd Skynyrd

dsmarion

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Ok, just for fun here (sometimes I just gotta rock a little more - get it outa my system :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: )

Again not an acoustic song (you know me - or are getting to know me anyway) but it's just to have a little fun and get the stresss of the day out, ya know?

Sure wish my webcam on this laptop didn't record audio like I was in a tin can! It doesn't sound that tinny live - it's not great without an amp, a mic or two, some good audio recording stuff, maybe a better video solution, a mixer - an electric guitar even LOL (oh well, someday - sooner than later I am hoping :huh: :unsure: :dry: :ohmy: ) Maybe some compression software so I could use the busking loader (it was a little too large) but then again compressing it would make it sound even worse LOL

Enjoy (and have some fun)
Scott

lueders

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Scott, are you getting warmed up yet? I THINK SO! :) :)

That was nice!!!! I like the sound of the rapid descent down the neck.
When you'e on the 5th 4h & 3third strings ...and you're playing moving thirds or fifths...not sure which?... over an A base-y, pedal tone sort of thing...I thought you did that just slicker 'n greased- lightning! Sounded really cool!

And NICE Ending, too! I thought it was great!!

And, Scott you sound fine!! I can hear you just fine and tell what you are playing.

Yeah, it sounds a little bit tinny in places.
(But in some instances that can even be considered a desirable sound.)

Don't apologize for your set-up. After all, this is an ACOUSTIC guitar site.
As long as we can hear you and it sounds fairly close to the way it sounds in your living room or on your back porch...than who cares? :) Great job!!!

And thanks for another interesting & well-played post!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:37 am

You really are rocking there Scott! No idea what the song was but it was fun watching you work out!
Thanks for posting.

willem

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:06 am

Hi Scott,,ponding he,,well you did just great,,do you know ''sweet home Alabama'''???

ps A baut converting video,,,when you have a video editing program like windows movie maker or AVS you can load your vid there and maybe do some editing stuff(some text etc) and when you produce the vid you can choose a format like AVI and more...

BobR

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:23 am

Hi Scott,

So did you get that out of your system? :laugh: :laugh: You're a real rocker there. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nice job

Bob

MarkM

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 am

Scott,

SKYNYRD!!!!! Yea that was great. Really enjoyed that one alot. Well if you can play it that well on an acoustic, I'd love to see you play it on an electric where your fingers will evey fly faster. Great work and thanks for sharing.

MarkM

dsmarion

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for listening!

Cori - that little riff really makes that song for me (same riff done in two different keys), always loved it the first time I heard it. And I appreciate you don't anaylyze the sound! It is horrid to me. Not much I can do about it until I get moving with the 4-track I bought, get the guitared amped up and get a decent vidoo cam. None of that helps trying to play electric songs on an acoustic either. My OM-1 is ever-so-slightly wider in the neck than most which makes everything just a bit harder to do (I have somewhat small hands and deformed ones at that). Thanks again for your nice comments.

Chris - The song is "You Got That Right" off the "Street Survivors" album. It's a fun song (especially with back-n-forth vocals, back-n-forth guitars, dual lead parts and all that. Great album, one of their best IMHO (Second Helping is very good also).

Willem - Yes I can play Sweet Home Alabama too. That is probably one of the first one Skynryd addicts learned to play back then.

Bob - NEVER!!! LOL

Mark - I seem to want to try a lot of stuff nearly impossible to play on my acoustic - oh well.

Scott

tovo

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey Scott. Well the only reason you need a better set up is to do your playing better justice. I would sure like you to take that step for that reason. You clearly have a lot of experience, you play easily and with a great sense of rhythm and timing. I enjoy watching you.

Lavallee

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey Scott , that was a heck of a song to play, especially the picking down and going right up the neck with the shuffle. You have a great sense of rhythm, , your playing always have some groove .

Why don' t you go ahead with Sweet home Alabama, it is a lesson from TG, you could get review from Neil, just upload it from the Student uploader.

Marc

tgjameela

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Scott, that was just really really cool, you rock! :cheer:

And nope, I'll never believe 'rusty' anymore! :P

Thanks Scott, again, love the way you jumped in here at TG!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic