Busking Lynyrd Skynyrd

millponddave

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:34 pm

That was great, and looks fun to play.

Dave

dsmarion

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks Ness - getting the rust out a little bit. It has been fun and I am glad I am rediscovering playing again!

Scott

dsmarion

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey Dave,

That riff is a fun one to play for me. If you can get in all the parts with a few other people it's even more fun. Need a good slide player for that one too.

Scott

jcrocket

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Scott -

Awesome job, you've got that one down COLD! Don't apologize for the sound quality, the main thing is your skill level, which comes through nicely.

Like Mark said, if you can play that song this well on the acoustic, it must be a piece of cake for you on an electric. I always love a good acoustic version of an electric song.

Jeff

Craig

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey Scott,
Sorry I'm a little late to your post. I thought it was very well done. I think those rockin' songs sound cool on an acoustic guitar! It looks like quite a workout, my hand was getting tired just watching!!
Thanks for sharing,
Craig

dsmarion

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:58 am

Jeff - thanks for the kind words. And your right, it is fun (and challenging) to play electric stuff on an acoustic.

Craig - Those runs in that song look like a workout but they're not too bad really - it's all the other stuff that make your hand tired LOL

Scott

Lavallee

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Sweet Home Alabama

I have been working on this song as a rhythm exercise. The song is often listed as an easy 3 chord song. When you add the embellishment, it becomes more challenging, for me anyway. Still struggling on the bridge with a bunch of hammer ons but it is better than it was.

It was presented by Neil in the IRL and I always liked it. I found a karaoke track , kept the piano, drum, bass and lead guitar. I have been practicing against this to improve my rhythm. I have kept
my guitar louder and everything else not so loud on purpose and my voice really not so loud just the fill the song.

Thank you Daryl for your wise advices and help

Marc

dekotaj

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Bravo!! Marc.

Good job Sir.Don't worry if you get the felling to wear white shocks and drink PBR beer. Your just becoming a redneck like all of us old country boys who listen to Skynyrd.Have a nice holiday.

Kev

Lavallee

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks Kevin, I guess I am becoming a redneck with a tuque.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic